change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Billshng's Profile Photo

getting around Taishan

by Billshng Online Now Mar 30, 2014 at 6:21 AM

Taishan is rather big but my grandparent village is Sai Chat, Nam Wah cheun (village), and it does not appear anywhere in the map. Any body knows where it is situated in Taishan (Hoisan)??

more
    • Billshng's Profile Photo

getting around Taishan

by Billshng Online Now Mar 30, 2014 at 6:21 AM

Taishan is rather big but my grandparent village is Sai Chat, Nam Wah cheun (village), and it does not appear anywhere in the map. Any body knows where it is situated in Taishan (Hoisan)??

1 Answer Apr 8, 2014 at 3:14 AM
    • Travel from Hong Kong To Taishan

by dragonfly2012 Online Now Mar 28, 2013 at 6:33 PM

We are traveling from Hong Kong to Taishan and want to know how to get to get there

8 Answers Apr 2, 2013 at 3:15 AM
    • where is Baksa

by mk369 Online Now Oct 25, 2010 at 6:47 PM

I'm visiting Taishan next month trying to find out my wife's parents old house
      in possibly Nam toon village. Is this village nearby Baksa (white sand).
      I can't find Baksa in Taishan map. Can you help me where it is?
      Also, what's the Chinese character for Nam Toon? I believe Nam is south.
      Please give me any information you know.
      Thank you so much.

Mark

5 Answers Nov 12, 2010 at 7:50 PM
    • staying in Taishan

by roclee Online Now Oct 13, 2010 at 3:03 PM

9 of us (2 families) will visit Taishan in early January 2011 (Grandma is wanting to show 2 of her daughters and 5 of her grandchildren where she and her husband were born and grew up) We are wondering where can we find reasonable accommodation? Are there any hostels? Can anyone help?

1 Answer Oct 13, 2010 at 5:36 PM
    • How to get to Shan Pui Village in Taishan from Hong Kong

by Auscit2010 Online Now Feb 27, 2010 at 1:24 PM

Hi I would like to visit my father's ancestral village while I am on my next trip to Hong Kong, but have not idea how to get there.

He is from the Chan village Shan Pui (back of mountain), in Taishan Guangdong.

If possible, could you please provide detailed instructions, like what number bus from where, or which ferry etc.

Your help would be much appreciated.

3 Answers Feb 28, 2010 at 5:55 PM
    • Macao to Taishan travel with children

by marksebba Online Now Sep 25, 2009 at 2:54 PM

Hi, I am planning to visit Hong Kong, Macao and Taishan at Easter 2010 - would like to spend a day or so in Macao and a day or two (at most one night) in the Taishan area. We are a family of four, with children aged 7 and 9. Could anyone advise us on convenient ways to travel between Macao and Taishan? I know there are buses, but are they all suitable for children?

In the Taishan area, we just want to sightsee, we have no particular person or place to visit. Any suggestions welcome!

3 Answers Oct 6, 2009 at 11:02 PM
    • Accomodations in Taishan

by lmerritt11 Online Now Sep 9, 2009 at 10:59 PM

I'm visiting this weekend with friends but I haven't been able to find much information about hostels on the top of the mountain online. We are hiking up during saturday, then plan to stay overnight to see the sunrise. We are low on funds though and would rather stay in hostels. Does anyone know the deal?

8 Answers Sep 11, 2009 at 10:20 AM
    • HK to Taishan

by brouhaha63 Online Now Jul 24, 2008 at 10:55 PM

I have heard that in the past, you could get a visa to enter China from Hong Kong while you were there and that it was pretty quick. I am planning to be in Hong Kong in December, and would like to take a day trip to Taishan. My questions- Is that enough time or should I plan for an overnight? Are there any organized tours (that might make it easier to get a group visa)? Should I get a visa for China in the US or would I be able to get it when I am in Hong Kong? Thanks so much for any insight.

2 Answers Jul 27, 2008 at 8:39 PM
    • Taishan Info

by goingtotaishan Online Now Dec 14, 2006 at 4:52 PM

I would like to visit my parent's village (Shik Pam Hom) next year. The problem is, I have no clue where this is, where to stay, would I need a guide, where can I fine one, is it safe to wonder around town by myself. Any info anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated. Anything.
      Thanks!

3 Answers Dec 23, 2006 at 10:37 AM
    • Transportation

by aycweugsiqkommok Online Now Aug 6, 2006 at 11:31 PM

Hi,

I was wondering about how many US dollars would it cost to go to San Ba from Taicheng in a taxi?

Also, are there any other transportations to the villages in Taishan other than taxis? If so, how much would that form of transportation cost?

Thank you very much

1 Answer Aug 7, 2006 at 10:46 AM
    • TheNanyangChinaman's Profile Photo

any ferry from HK to Taishan?

by TheNanyangChinaman Online Now Sep 5, 2005 at 12:21 AM

Hi all VTers,
      Could anyone tell me if it is possible to go to Taishan from Hong Kong by boat, and travel time for the journey.
      TIA
      moey

3 Answers Sep 7, 2005 at 5:35 AM