Taishan Travel Answers

change location

How to get to Shan Pui Village in Taishan from Hong Kong

by Auscit2010 Online Now Feb 27, 2010 at 1:24 PM

Hi I would like to visit my father's ancestral village while I am on my next trip to Hong Kong, but have not idea how to get there.

He is from the Chan village Shan Pui (back of mountain), in Taishan Guangdong.

If possible, could you please provide detailed instructions, like what number bus from where, or which ferry etc.

Your help would be much appreciated.

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • ellyse's Profile Photo

Re: How to get to Shan Pui Village in Taishan from Hong Kong

by ellyse Online Now Feb 28, 2010 at 1:10 AM

Well, I haven't been there either, sorry. But in Mandarin pinyin it would be Shan1 Bei4.
    You might not be able to find buses going to Taishan from Hong Kong, try going to Shenzhen or Guangzhou.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • chinamonty's Profile Photo

by chinamonty Online Now Feb 28, 2010 at 2:43 PM

Maybe Zhuhai and then a bus to Kaiping. It will likely go through TaiShan.

• chinamonty's Profile Photo

by chinamonty Online Now Feb 28, 2010 at 5:55 PM

I have had a better look. You are probably best to get a ferry to Zhuhai (JiuZhouGang is the name of the ferry terminal). Then ask at the bus terminal whether they have a service to Kaiping -I supect they do but not sure how frequent. If not get a taxi to Gongbei Bus Terminal -if you don't speak Chinese just ask someone in the queue for help -lots of people using the ferries speak English. From there you should be able to get a bus to Taishan but if not the Kaiping ones will most likely go through Taishan. Taishan is about 2 hours from Zhuhai. As for the village I am not sure how you will go about getting there unless you have an address written down in Chinese.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines