Taiping Travel Answers

change location
damianpeter's Profile Photo

KL to Bukit merah Laketown

by damianpeter Online Now Oct 24, 2012 at 7:08 PM

I would like to travel from KL to Bukit Merah Laketown in early December (family of 4) to arrive as early as possible on the day. If we catch the early ETS train from KL
(6.30am) to Ipoh, can we then get a bus to Taiping, then taxi to Laketown?
Is the train station far from the bus station in Ipoh?
Is it easy to get a taxi in Taiping and what would be the approximate cost to Laketown? Thankyou.

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • sheherezad's Profile Photo

Re: KL to Bukit merah Laketown

by sheherezad Online Now Oct 25, 2012 at 3:41 AM

> If we catch the early ETS train from KL (6.30am) to Ipoh, can we then get a bus to Taiping, then taxi to Laketown?

I suppose so? The train should reach Ipoh before 9.00am and you will have plenty of time to get to Taiping and BMLTR. Do check the normal KTMB train schedule from Ipoh to Butterworth, to see if you can connect to the next train to Taiping in reasonable time!

> Is the train station far from the bus station in Ipoh?

There is a local bus station at Medan Kidd, which is walking distance from the Railway station, but I'm not sure if the buses there go to Taiping. You will have to take a taxi to the Ipoh intercity Bus Station but you will be at the mercy of cab drivers at the Railway station. If you want the mobile phone number of a reliable cab (lady!) taxi driver in Ipoh, please drop me a vt mail.

> Is it easy to get a taxi in Taiping and what would be the approximate cost to Laketown?

I have no idea.. But if you want to take an outstation (intercity) taxi directly from Ipoh, I can also recommend you a taxi driver based in Ipoh if you vt mail me.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines