Taiping Travel Answers

change location

any budget accomodation at taiping town near taiping zoo???

by venyyjy88 Online Now Jul 21, 2008 at 6:23 AM

Hi, 5 of us from malaysia,kl is going to taiping for 7 days,need suggestion for budget accomodation near taiping zoo or taiping lake.ranging from RM 15 to RM25 per pax per night.thanx!!

From,
yin
Kuala lumpur

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • dhanik's Profile Photo

Re: any budget accomodation at taiping town near taiping zoo???

by dhanik Online Now Nov 24, 2008 at 11:17 PM

u can check furama hotel.. near taiping lake.(behind sea food/zoo)..around rm 60 but nice..i stayed there b4,

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: any budget accomodation at taiping town near taiping zoo???

by teevee Online Now Dec 16, 2009 at 3:12 AM

Yeah, i think Furama Hotel is as close to a budget accomodation as you can get. Taiping is not big and still laid back. I loved it there especially the Zoo. Farrrr cry compared to Zoo Negara (KL Zoo), if you are an animal lover, you could spend a day there but i don't know if they have the night safari which Melaka Zoo (another better zoo vs. KL's) has. I stayed at Bt Larut which i don't really recommend because...
    1.Going thru all the hairpin turns up the hill is not that enjoyable after a dozen and there is much more than that. So people can get dizzy,fall sick etc and you still need to come back down (and up again if you spend the night)

2. Accomodation there was bad when i was there staying at one of the guesthouses 6 years back..altho i really think they have improved it. There's nothing much to do...mighty cold and foggy. Hot water, food, tv etc was scarce. Humans as well.

3. Okay, the guesthouse i stayed was old and runned down, most of them were,so it was spooky and we couldn't wait to get back down in the morning. Later, we found out there are many ghxxx stories. Indeed, i didn't feel good staying there altho it was an experience. But it is perfectly fine for a day trip to go up Bukit Larut aka Maxwell Hill.

Seven days is quite alot but depends what you want to do. Have fun and enjoy the town for it's peace and tranquility. Do tell of your experience!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines