change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• lorrainece's Profile Photo

what to do with elderly mother

Taipei Jun 25, 2014 at 3:54 AM

Hi, i am going to Dan Shui, Taiwan in November with an elderly mother, we will be staying with family, so wondering what can we do with my mum that is not too tiring,

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Also, does anyone know if if i buy say a samsung tablet, will it be compatible for us in Australia.

TIA
      lorrainece

more
    • Packing for an August trip

Taipei Jun 27, 2014 at 10:07 AM

Any suggestions for what a female should pack for a week's stay?

more

Popular Taipei Shih Travel Answer Locations

• Packing for an August trip

Taipei Jun 27, 2014 at 10:07 AM

Any suggestions for what a female should pack for a week's stay?

4 Answers Jun 30, 2014 at 11:16 AM
    • lorrainece's Profile Photo

what to do with elderly mother

Taipei Jun 25, 2014 at 3:54 AM

Hi, i am going to Dan Shui, Taiwan in November with an elderly mother, we will be staying with family, so wondering what can we do with my mum that is not too tiring,

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Also, does anyone know if if i buy say a samsung tablet, will it be compatible for us in Australia.

TIA
      lorrainece

• Visiting Taiwan for the first time.

Taipei May 22, 2014 at 11:35 PM

Hello all!!!!
      Visiting Taiwan in February of the next year.
      My questions are:
      Seven days in Taiwan are the too much or to little.
      Where to stay in Taipei.
      What to see and what to do.
      How about food.
      Your answer to the above and any more that you can add will be more than welcome.
      Cheers!
      Jayarep

7 Answers Jun 17, 2014 at 11:38 PM
    • Itinerary Suggestion

Taipei Apr 21, 2014 at 9:15 AM

Dear all, I am planning for a 7D/6N trip to Taiwan, with my girlfriend during the month of July this year. I have been to Taiwan couple of times, however it will be the first for my girlfriend. I like to ask for suggestion to create a beautiful memorable experience for her.

Thank you.

4 Answers May 28, 2014 at 6:18 PM
    • kattierivera's Profile Photo

Taipei Airport restaurants

Taipei Apr 5, 2014 at 9:57 PM

Hi. I will have a layover in Taipei on the 15th for 4 hours. I wonder if the restaurants will accept US dollars or Taiwanese dollars if I want to order something? Thank you

6 Answers Apr 6, 2014 at 7:49 AM
    • volarevolare's Profile Photo

Beitou or Yangmingshan -- hot springs?

Taipei Mar 30, 2014 at 8:12 AM

Hi everyone,

Just wondering which is a better hot spring to go to when in Taipei?

Or is there a better hot spring out of Taipei?

Thanks all! :)

smiles, Francesca

2 Answers May 28, 2014 at 5:58 PM
    • Transportation

Taipei Feb 17, 2014 at 5:39 PM

Hi.. what is the easiest way to travel from taoyuan airport - Yilan - Taipei ximending?
      What is the price and duration? Any ming su to recommend?
      Please advise.

6 Answers Feb 18, 2014 at 5:17 PM
    • Cruise visit

Taipei Feb 17, 2014 at 1:30 PM

We are visiting Keelung next month could we get a taxi from the ship to see Taipei highlights? how much for 3 to 4 hours

1 Answer Feb 18, 2014 at 9:03 AM
    • effazainal's Profile Photo

Accomadation, halal food & places to go

Taipei Feb 10, 2014 at 10:46 AM

Hi! Il be travelling on the 16/3 for 5d4n and I would like to know which area in taiwan that I can easily get halal food and pls suggest the hotel nearby this area. Would love to know places that I cn easily access by public transport. Thanx!

2 Answers Feb 19, 2014 at 10:26 PM
    • hotel for Muslim

Taipei Jan 25, 2014 at 5:52 PM

Is there any hotel in taipei,taiwan provide Halal Buffet Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner..??

4 Answers Feb 19, 2014 at 10:31 PM
    • 4 days with an infant, what to do?

Taipei Jan 5, 2014 at 7:42 PM

Hi, I have 4 days in Taipei, coming from HK with my husband & 2 year old. I want to do BeiTou hot springs for 1 day, what hotel would you recommend?

we are not sure wheter to book tour from Hong Kong or do Taipei ourselves. Please help

2 Answers Jan 6, 2014 at 9:25 AM
    • listenandlearn's Profile Photo

CENTRALLY LOCATED ACCOMMODATION -

Taipei Jan 5, 2014 at 8:17 AM

We are two couples in search of a private apartment preferably located in Daan. Our budget in no more than U.S.$90.00. We require a safe area, working air condition, washing machine, wifi and clean apartment, elevator if in high floor. We of-course need two bedrooms and even one bathroom will do. Any suggestion from someone who had happy experience staying at an apt. would be highly appreciated. We will be arriving Taipei on the 8th Jan. midnight. Thank you very much for any helpful suggestion.

• night markets biz hours

Taipei Oct 21, 2013 at 10:45 AM

having 11 hour layover in Taipei. 11pm till 9am. where can I find some good food during that time?

4 Answers Jan 12, 2014 at 6:44 AM
    • Can I buy any summer clothes during my visit to taipei on March next year?

Taipei Oct 17, 2013 at 8:34 PM

Can I buy any summer clothes from the night markets during my visit to taipei on March next year? Or they are all selling winter clothes?

2 Answers Oct 18, 2013 at 8:23 AM
    • Seanlow's Profile Photo

transportation

Taipei Oct 15, 2013 at 11:34 AM

what is the easiest way to travel from taoyuan airport - taichung - hsinchu - taipei

where can i check for the price,timetable, and duration for each trip.

pls advise tq vters

3 Answers Oct 16, 2013 at 5:04 AM
    • Withdrawing cash at ATM with Mastercard

Taipei Oct 13, 2013 at 2:27 PM

Hi,

I'm planning to get my NT$ from ATMs using a MasterCard credit card. Are ATMs that accept international credit cards (MasterCard/Visa) common in Taiwan? Do the local banks charge a fee for using their machines?

Thanks.

2 Answers Oct 14, 2013 at 2:55 PM
    • Bus to Star Beauty Resort

Taipei Oct 2, 2013 at 2:28 PM

Hi, I'm staying at the Star Beauty Resort at No.38-1, Qiangang Street, Shihlin District and understand I can take the Kuo-Kuang 1819 bus from the airport to 2 possible stops where I can then catch a taxi to the hotel. The first stop appears to be the one closest to the hotel and is the Kulun Street stop. If I get off at this stop, will I have to flag a taxi off the street or will there be a taxi stand nearby? How obvious is it that the stop is the Kulun Street stop? Is it announced in English? The second option is to go all the way to Taipei station and then find a taxi there. I think I favour this option more as it seems the less troublesome as I can just stay on the bus till the end and I guess that I would know I've arrived at Taipei station rather than having to lookout for Kulun Street. I'm also assuming that getting a taxi at Taipei station will be easier? If I take the bus all the way to Taipei station, will this add much time to the journey and will the taxi fare to the hotel be a lot more. Should I be getting off at Kulun Street instead? To get back to the airport, will it be just the reverse? Thanks

• Haggling in Taiwan

Taipei Oct 2, 2013 at 2:17 PM

Hi, Would haggling be expected or accepted with certain traders? I appreciate that the shopping malls won't entertain it but how about places like night markets and traders outside of tourist attractions for example? If so, how much should I expect the prices to be inflated by? Thanks.

4 Answers Oct 6, 2013 at 12:41 PM
    • EileenTanY's Profile Photo

Recomendation for driver and routes

Taipei Aug 31, 2013 at 7:41 AM

HI.. We family of four (2 adults, 2 child - 15 and 8 years old), will be visiting Taiwan from 15 to 24 Nov, places we would like to go are (MUST VISIT)
      - Taroko
      - Sun Moon Lake
      - Leofoo Guangshi stay 1N
      - Cing jing farm stay 1N

My plans was to travel upon arrival from Taipei to Yilan (1N), Hualian (1N), Nantou (1N), Taichung (1N) and from Taichung take bullet train to Taipei,
      Stay Taipei for 3 nights...take public transport to Jiufen.
      Also anyone knows the weather during this period...should i just bring some long sleeves shirts with some windbreakers / cardigans or thicker warm clothes ,.
      Any suggestion on these routes and recommend a driver to cover these places?

Many thanks in advance. :)

Eileen

4 Answers Oct 12, 2013 at 7:05 AM
    • voodo0's Profile Photo

Winter in Taipei

Taipei Aug 23, 2013 at 1:36 AM

Hi, my friend and I will be going to Taipei for 9D8N.

First 4 days, we've arranged ground tour to visit Feng Jia, Tai Zhong, Lu Shan, Hua Lian and Luo Dong. As for the last 5 days, we would want to settle at Taipei City itself, free and easy, on our own. Can someone please suggest what are the must see, must eat and must buy in Taipei? We would love some cycling trip too.

Thanks!

7 Answers Aug 29, 2013 at 7:09 AM
    • voodo0's Profile Photo

What to wear for Winter?

Taipei Aug 23, 2013 at 1:13 AM

My friends and I will be visiting Taipei on Nov. 28 to Dec. 6, 2013. We know that it's the beginning of Winter but we are unsure how cold will it be because this will be our visit Winter trip to Taiwan.

Any idea what we should pack?

Thanks!

4 Answers Aug 28, 2013 at 9:03 PM
    • anadyr's Profile Photo

Chop (Seal) store in Taipei Taoyuan International Airport

Taipei Aug 22, 2013 at 9:38 AM

Hi,

I will be passing through Taipei in Septl and I would like to have some chops (seals) made for my family. I know that there is a shop in the airport that makes these (but, that is all I know). I have
      several questions that I hope that someone can answer.

a. Where is the exact location. I thought that it was right next to the China Air Lines gates

b. How much time do they need to make a seal. I may be transiting through Taipei twice during the trip so I thought that I would order them on arrival/pick them up on departure (but, I may also have a single afternoon layover which you mean 2 or 3 hours to do the work)

c. Anybody knows their hours

d. If anyone have their website/email address I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks to all travellers, Greatly appreciate it

• 1st time Taipei family of 4, need help where to stay 5n.

Taipei Aug 17, 2013 at 10:51 PM

Any good suggestion of hotels/apt/home stay. We r thinking of staying where convenient for local foods and goods as well. Thanks in advance.

3 Answers Aug 23, 2013 at 1:22 AM
    • 1st time to taipei..dont know what to do...help please...!!!

Taipei Jul 22, 2013 at 1:02 AM

Hi I'm going to Taipei for the 1st time for 6 days in september with my boyfriend: hence any budget hotels recommendation that near MRT or LRT???also need advices for good itinerary planning. Places to visit: Ximenting, Shinlin Night Market, Huaxi Night Market, or any other places to visit? Lastly I will need transfer from Taoyuan Airport to hotel, is it advisable to take taxi or Any recommendation too? Appreciate for your advices. thank you...

11 Answers Aug 4, 2013 at 3:47 AM
    • hot spring culture in taipei

Taipei Jun 13, 2013 at 10:11 AM

Hi, what is the hot spring etiquette like in taipei? Do you soak in your birthday suit, or are swimming costumes allowed? I will be travelling with my extended family and planning to hit Beitou. Also are the subways stroller friendly? I don't wish to hike up long stairs : ) Thks!

4 Answers Jun 18, 2013 at 6:41 PM
    • Hotel B6

Taipei Apr 24, 2013 at 11:25 AM

Did anyone stay Hotel B6 at Ximending before? Izit the environment and the hotel nice?

1 Answer Apr 24, 2013 at 11:34 AM
    • Taipei Unique Cafe/ restaurant

Taipei Apr 23, 2013 at 11:31 AM

Hello,
      Any recommendation of unique and special restaurant / food in Taipei
      I have search that there was a barbie restaurant in the center of Taipei
      Please state me the way to reach the place
      Thank You :)

4 Answers Jun 14, 2013 at 12:58 AM
    • Hotels Recommendation

Taipei Mar 27, 2013 at 7:44 AM

Hi I'm going to Taipei for the 1st time for 5 days in April 2013 bringing my mum and aunt, hence any hotels recommendation at around XImenting area? and also need advices for my itinerary planning.
      Places to visit: Ximenting, Shinlin Night Market, Huaxi Night Market, any other places to visit? Suitable for old folks?
      Lastly I will need transfer from Taoyuan Airport to hotel, is it advisable to take taxi as we only have 3 persons? hotel limousine is rather expensive? Any recommendation too?

Appreciate for your advices.

Thanks much.

3 Answers Apr 3, 2013 at 2:16 AM
    • marcus_gsh's Profile Photo

烏來溫泉推薦住宿

Taipei Mar 21, 2013 at 12:37 AM

I plan to stay a night in 烏來on 22 April 2013 (Monday). Looking for nice view, clean, good location and comfortable accomodation with hot spring services. Please kindly give me more suggestions. Please...... :)

• A cruise excursion

Taipei Mar 20, 2013 at 7:59 PM

Our ship stops in Keelung for a day. I am considering the following itinerary: Longshan Temple in Taipei and then the National Palace Museum (NPM) for at least 2 hours. Then a beach town called Danshui or Tansui (modern). There is a seaside temple there that I would like to see. Does this make sense? Taxi or train/MRT? How much for taxi?

2 Answers Mar 26, 2013 at 10:06 PM