Taipa

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Local Tradition or Just Waste Disposal

Macao Mar 6, 2015 at 2:48 AM

I have noticed staff of several shops and restaurants burn paper in tiny, mostly red, incinerators out on the pavement. Today outside one premises this was being done but there was also a small table which had on it, a cooked suckling pig, fruit, flowers, small drinking glasses and chopsticks. Is this some sort of local tradition of were they just getting rid of waste paper?? I did ask , in English, what they were doing but unfortunately although they understood enough through arm waving etc to let me take their photo, that was the limit of our communication ability.

more
    • 10 Hours in Macao

Macao Mar 9, 2015 at 7:33 AM

We are staying in Kowloon, Hong Kong and planning to take ferry from there in early morning for Macau visit Macau Panda Park,Venetian Hotel, Big Buddha, Ruins of St. Paul's, Jungceylon Shopping Mall, then return to Hong Kong by 7:00 pm as we have flight from HKG at 9:00 pm. Is it ok or you suggest some thing else. I want to enjoy Macau with my kids. Where should we keep our Laggages? Please suggest the best way.

Thanks

more