Tai Po

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Hotel in Kowloon

Kowloon Dec 21, 2014 at 7:09 PM

Myself and husband, ages 55, are looking for a hotel around a 3 star in American standard. What is important to us is that it is close to an MTR connector. We would like a place for 4 nights that is clean, safe, and a good location. Don't care if it is small and don't want a party place, We are also non-smokers. We plan on having a busy few days seeing a few of the following: Tsim Sha Tsui Promenade , Ten Thousand Buddhas Monastery (Man Fat Sze) , Victoria Peak (The Peak), Big Buddha, Lantau Island, Chi Lin Nunnery, Hong Kong Skyline, 10,000 buddha monastery, orchestra of music. Any suggestions for a hotel for two first-timers in Hong Kong?

more
    • hernameisrio's Profile Photo

Chung King Mansions - 24Hour Reception Available for after 7PM arrival from airport?

Hong Kong Dec 18, 2014 at 7:44 AM

Hi,

We are travelling to Hong Kong next week. Our arrival is around 2am. We booked at Cynthia's Inn at Chung King Mansions. I am worried that we won't be able to check-in if the reception is not availabe at the time of our arrival. I left a message at Agoda but until now I still have not received any response to assure me that there will be someone to attend to us for our check-in during that time.

Help please.

Thank you.

Rio

more
    • omaralonsouy's Profile Photo

Airport transportation to/from Intercontinental Hong Kong

Hong Kong Dec 16, 2014 at 11:35 AM

Can anyone tell me which is the best way to go from HKIA to Intercontinental Hong Kong hotel? We are a party of 3 carrying one big suitcase each (plus carry on baggage).

more
    • HebaM's Profile Photo

Hair salon in Hong Kong

Hong Kong Dec 1, 2014 at 6:28 AM

Hi everyone,

I am going to HK next week and would love to get my hair cut and colored. So I am looking for a good hair salon. I am very fussy about my hair and want the job done at high standards.

Would you recommend having hair color in HK? Meaning, as they're most likely used to handling mainly Asian hair type, how well do they know how to handle other types of hair...? Also does any one know the price- have long hair down to mid waist.

more
    • Prairieproper's Profile Photo

Costs of Hong Kong visit? Cheap or Expensive? Boring if there for a week? thanks!

Hong Kong Dec 19, 2014 at 10:19 PM

Costs of visiting Hong Kong, also- will I be bored for a week of solo travel there? 27 yr old female

more
    • Amy1993's Profile Photo

Can any one give me some advises about travelling HongKong?

Hong Kong Dec 10, 2014 at 7:27 PM

hello ,guys ,I just know that HongKong is a shopping city .So can anyone tell me where can I buy the cheap but high quality clothes ?What should I prepare ?Need I change the dollar to the RMB? What's more ,is there any beautiful places I can go ?And I have searched that there are a lot of club there ,how can I get to there ?It will be highly appreciate if anyone can tell me additional things. Thanks .

more
    • soumya068's Profile Photo

Travel itinerary

Hong Kong Dec 1, 2014 at 8:47 PM

Have a look at my travel plan.Improvements are most welcome

Day 1 (22nd dec 2014) ,Monday-Take ferry from sky pier to Macau at 3 pm
      Visit Venetian at night

Day 2,Tuesday
      Ruins of St Paul
      Na Cha Temple
      Senado Square etc

Day 3 ,Wednesday
      A-Ma Temple
      Macau Tower

Day 4,Thursday
      Macau Fisherman's Wharf-Ferry to hongkong
      -----------------------------------------
      at night-visit Victoria Peak
      Symphony of Lights
      Avenues of Stars’

Day 5 ,Friday
      Ocean Park

Day 6 ,Saturday
      Repulse Bay Beach
      old Jewelry Factory
      souvenir shop
      Aberdeen Harbour

Day 7,
      Ladies market and garden and fly back in evening !

more
    • sweet_sentiments's Profile Photo

Airport to Victoria's Peak : what's the quickest way

Hong Kong Dec 15, 2014 at 10:43 AM

hi,

we have a 5-hour layover in Hongkong (HKG-EWR) and we'd really love to go see Victoria's Peak just to take quick photos...is this even remotely possible?

if yes, what do you suggest is the best way to do this?
      how long do we need to go back to the airport for our flight? (including the immigration, security check)

if it's not doable do you have any suggestion on what we can do on that 5 hours layover?

here is our flight sched:

ETA in Honkong : 13:20 PM Saturday
      ETD to EWR: 18:20 PM Saturday

thanks for your time!

more

on arrival visa,passport validity

Hong Kong Dec 13, 2014 at 7:39 AM

i am from india and hold indian passport, traveling to hongkong for 5 days from 22 to 28 december 2014,my passport expires in feb 22 2015.
      As My passport expires in 2 months and not in 6 months, So should i be worried?
      But I read on internet that
      "no visa is required for a stay of up to 14 days. (Indian nationals are allowed 14 days visa-free stay in Hong Kong).
      Your passport needs to be valid for at least one month beyond your intended departure date from HK."
      Kindly clarify if thats correct??
      If thats the case then my passport is valid for 2 months from the intended date of departure.
      Also, i am going to macau first and then hongkong.

more

Safe this Christmas?

Hong Kong Dec 1, 2014 at 5:15 AM

Going to Hongkong for this Christmas in 2014,Would it be safe yo go there, considering the street riots and all going on there these days ?

more
    • zaher.f's Profile Photo

itineray and some others question for my staying in HK 30/12 till 03/01

Hong Kong Nov 27, 2014 at 12:42 PM

hello Vters ...

i need some help and advises about some things.

- i will land over at HKIA on the 30st of December at 13:30 where i will stay till the 3rd of January new year 2015.
      i am going to lodge in Harbour Guest House (B8, 4/F, Block B, Chung King Mansion,36-44 Nathan Road, Tsim Sha Shu), is the airport express reach there ?
      Q: can i get micro sim card for my phone (discover HK tourism) at the airport ? what about also the octobus card at the airport ???

- help check this itinerary and advise me about it:

• day 1-(30/12) : after checking in at the guest house i wanna visit ladies marker, nathan RD, clock tower, Sky 100 and then ends watching the symphony of lights, no idea to where to go after the show finished - OR - maybe take the tour bus.
      • day 2-(31/12): ocean park till 1 or 2, madame Tissauds, the peak tram, then count down new year (no idea to where to go after the count down ).
      • day 3(01/01): disney land till 1 or 2 (i dont know if it is enough), ngong ping 360 where visiting big buddha and ti o fishing village, no idea also about where to go after.
      • day 4-(02-01): no any idea about it but i think it is going to be for shopping and maybe impact force C.Q.B and go nature climbing ( i dont know if the two places worth a visit), at night of course watching the symphony of light and also no idea to where to go after.
      • day5-(03-01): need to be at Shenzen airport for flying to Xi'an for 2 days (do i need to buy another ticket form shenzen station to the airport and from where to buy it ?) at 20:15 so i have a free half day.

Q2: where is the best place to watch the count down for the new year ? and do you advise to take junk or luna i dont know what is means ??? and from where to take it ??? and will the prices be high at that time ???

Q3: do you advise to use buses or the Metro ?

pls no body advise me to go Macaw because i need a visa for it an i dont have it.

hope i can get answers on my questions and sorry for it :-)

thanks

more
    • Best way to spend a layover of 18 hours - the practical way

Hong Kong Dec 20, 2014 at 12:35 AM

Hello there :) would you help me how to best utilize my 18-hour layover in Hong Kong. I have really no Idea to spend this 18 hour layover and I would ask your wide knowledge on how I can utilize it in a best practical as well. I will arrive Hong Kong at 8pm (evening) and will depart the next day of 3pm (afternoon). I am looking forward to your suggestions with a big smile on my face. Thank you in advance. Have a great days in this yuletide season.

more
    • SALSA

by salsasuperstar Online Now Sep 11, 2011 at 11:14 PM

Hi,
      Wanted to know if there is any dance studios or fitness studios whom I could approach to teach Salsa or any bars or clubs spacious enough to conduct salsa nights where I could teach as well as DJ so that the residents of Taipa learn some cool Salsa moves and then dance the night away

Cheers

Javed

• pMcGann's Profile Photo

Fu Shin St

by pMcGann Online Now Aug 14, 2003 at 3:51 AM

Q: Anybody have any idea where Fu Shin St, Tai Po Market and Chen Tau Village Sap Sai, Heung Sai, Kung New Terratories are? Are these poor or wealthy areas?