Tai O

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• prescription glasses, china visa

Hong Kong Island Sep 23, 2015 at 10:34 AM

Any recommendations on where to buy prescription glasses in Hong Kong or Shenzhen? We will be traveling to both cities in a week.

Is it better to get visa at border or in Hong Kong. The Chinese National Day holiday in on Oct. 10.

Thanks, Ron

• Is the accomdation we booked in the right place for tansport and night life

Hong Kong Island Oct 2, 2015 at 8:12 AM

We are three Irish friends in our fifties and sixties .We are going to Hong Kong for three days on 26th October and then going to Vietnam We are on a fairly tight budget We have booked the Pearl Guest House Lodging Room 6A, 6/F, Mirador Mansion, 54-64Nathan Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon, We realise it is a budget option but are happy enough with basic accommodation so long as it is clean and safe with good transport links . However this is a once in a lifetime trip so we could push the boat out a bit if anyone had recommendations. Nightlife is important, we like live music, good atmosphere nice food on a budget. We are not very interested in museums more in getting the feel of the city .shopping malls do not attract us . Markets are high on our list .We like quirky things There are a few things that we think we would like to see Ten Thousand Buddhas Monastery, the view from Victoria Peak, Ride the Star Ferry, see the lights display. Possibly the big Budda, perhaps visit Central Hong Kong park
      Is the guest house location good? Any recommendations for an alternative location and accommodation would be much appreciated Is the night life good in this area? Any recommendations for live music particularly jazz

• somsakmah's Profile Photo

Restriction on max stay in HK?

Hong Kong Sep 26, 2015 at 6:04 PM

Does anyone know if there is a restriction on the number of days an overseas visitor can stay in a year in HK? I am NOT referring to the number of days in ONE trip but the cumulative days spent over a year.
      For example in mainland China, one is not allowed to stay more than 180 days in any one-year period otherwise they have to pay tax.
      HK has a different immigration policy but I cannot find this info from the Internet. Or maybe there's no such restriction?

• Star Ferry Ride: From Central to TST

Hong Kong Island Sep 15, 2015 at 7:17 PM

Hi there! If I'll be coming from the Peak Tram Lower Terminus, what's the best way to go to Tsim Sha Tsui if I were to take the Star Ferry? Please include where I can buy the tickets for the ferry ride and the estimated time it will take. Thank you!

• 2 weeks of Hong Kong

Hong Kong Sep 27, 2015 at 9:48 AM

1. How much hong kong dollar to bring for a 2 weeks of hong kong? exclude hotel/flight?
      2. How much is it for a bus/taxi ride from HK airport to YHA mei ho youth hostel? and which one is a better option?
      3. Any good tourist attractions anyone can recommand?
      4. Where's a good seafood and Peking restaurant?