Tahoe City

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Truckee or North Tahoe

by cavangal Online Now May 28, 2014 at 5:30 PM

Will arrive on Amtrak into Truckee end of August. I need to have access to public transportation to do some sightseeing, enjoy some hikes and walking to scenic areas around Lake. If I look for hotel in Truckee will this be good choice or should I get hotel in Tahoe City to be closer to Lake and enjoy scenic views of mountains. Have only been to Lake Tahoe on day trip years ago and hope to stay 3 nights this trip. Am not familiar with the TART shuttle or buses and would like to be sure there is service after Labor Day and if they operate from early morning and evenings in event I stay in Truckee. Not sure of the distance but want to void having to ride in taxis. Also need to stay in area walking distance to restaurants. Thanks for any help available.

7 Answers Jun 3, 2014 at 2:07 PM
    • Memorial tribute questions

by KareenLambert Online Now Jul 1, 2013 at 11:26 AM

Do you know of an organization that you can donate to and receive a memorial brick or plaque? We are putting together a memorial service in Lake Tahoe (North Shore) and was hoping to give the family a life long rememberance? Tree planting a bench plaque. Please advise and thank you

2 Answers Jul 2, 2013 at 10:12 AM
    • Tahoe City from Reno Airport

by noidea1234 Online Now Jan 17, 2010 at 3:59 PM

Hi,
      does anyone have any idea how to get to Tahoe City from Reno airport using public transportation? Any ideas on costs and how long it will take would be amazingly awesome as well! I cant make head or tail of any information on the internet, and google maps suggested I walk!
      Thanks in advance!

2 Answers Jan 18, 2010 at 4:54 PM
    • living in South Lake Tahoe

by nikidijawen Online Now Oct 23, 2009 at 10:44 AM

I live in SLT, would like to know If someone knows (Date now is 10/23/09)how to get to Kings Beach by bus, and a bus that will take us to Kings Beach but will not bring us back in till the next day?

2 Answers Oct 25, 2009 at 3:57 PM
    • cmcarney's Profile Photo

Hotels in North Lake Tahoe

by cmcarney Online Now Apr 20, 2008 at 3:14 PM

We have a conference at Granlibakken (way overpriced) so we are looking for a hotel in the area of Tahoe City. The current ones on the list are Americas Best Value Inn, Ferrari's Crown Resort, and Best Western (Truckee). Does anyone have any experience with these hotels or the safety of the various areas.

Thanks in advance!

2 Answers Apr 20, 2008 at 6:35 PM
    • Far2Fun's Profile Photo

How Do You Fly Commercially Into Tahoe City?

by Far2Fun Online Now May 17, 2007 at 9:43 PM

Do you have to fly into Reno and take a puddle jumper, or what?

All help appreciated!

6 Answers May 18, 2007 at 2:56 PM
    • Brianduck's Profile Photo

Lodging in Squaw Valley USA

by Brianduck Online Now Nov 2, 2005 at 12:45 AM

I am there for a convention in the Valley, Dec 4-5. What is the best low & medium price accomadations for a party of two in the valley. Does not have to be 4-star.

• ChuckG's Profile Photo

Where to stay around Tahoe during Christmas time ?

by ChuckG Online Now Jun 19, 2004 at 1:02 AM

My family is looking into renting a 3 room condo or cabin for 2-3 weeks during XMas time... Do you know of any good deal ? Where to start looking for ? Thanks !

3 Answers Jun 19, 2004 at 9:30 AM
    • Wine Country in Tahoe Area

by CarlsonsontheGo Online Now Jun 16, 2004 at 5:40 PM

Our family (2 pre-teens, 2 teens + 2 adults) is looking forward to our upcoming one-week vacation starting next week in N. Lake Tahoe (King's Beach). My husband & I would love to spend a sightseeing day visiting some nearby wineries - too far to drive to Napa/Sonoma, etc. What locations/wineries w/i a 2 hour drive of Tahoe could you recommend please? Also, I'm sure I read somewhere that river tubing is available in the area - the boys want to whitewater raft, the girls are fearful of the idea. Any suggestions for a one-stop location that will appeal to all fear factor levels??? Thanks, Flatlanders from Florida

2 Answers Jun 16, 2004 at 7:46 PM