Tahiti Travel Answers

change location

Moorea to Papeete

by ozbelle Online Now Sep 28, 2006 at 11:34 PM

Hi,
I am hoping someone can give me some advice on transport. Included in my package to Moorea is a transfer to the airport - problem is, the last transfer is at 4:45pm and my flight doesn't leave until 3am. Not sure if i should just get the transfer to the airport and then try to make my way to a restaurant / bar or just to make my own way into Papeete and then to the airport. Any ideas? How far is it from the airport to any nightlife that will keep me ocupied for at least a few hours??
thanks so much for your help!

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • RE: Moorea to Papeete

by Vahinetua1 Online Now Oct 31, 2006 at 6:51 PM

Hi !
    You should use your transfer from the pier to the airport, store your luggage & then take a taxi to town & have dinner at the "roulottes" or at the "3 brasseurs" in down town papeete (facing the main harbor) & take a taxi to make your way back to the airport.
    Or take a taxi to the Intercontinental, have a drink at the "happy hour" and listen to the music, then make your way to town to have dinner & back to the airport. On Friday night, their is the special polynesian show with sea food buffet for about 80 per person & really worth it & it's a all you can eat buffet :)
    You have the choice. The airport is about 10 minutes from down town. At the 3 brasseur (restaurant, bar, making their own beer..)they have sometimes a group to entertain the guests & it's very nice to hear or you have "The Morrisson" at Vaima center.
    Have a great time in our islands.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines