Tadoussac Travel Answers

change location
Boulder5's Profile Photo

Tadoussac lodging

by Boulder5 Online Now Jun 28, 2007 at 1:01 PM

Any place recommended to stay in the area while hiking and whale watching? Don't need anything fancy. Special eating places off the normal?

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • Re: Tadoussac lodging

by danhayon70 Online Now Jun 28, 2007 at 5:20 PM

Hello, how are you ?

I am Dan and I live Israel and I visited Tadoussac in August last year in order to enjoy some whale watching.

I stayed at the hotel Tadoussac which is a deluxe hotel. It is amazingly well set in the middle of Tadoussac overlooking the entrance to the Golf. It is a lovely elongated white building with a beautiful red roof.

The rooms are large and welcoming. It hosts 3 restaurants. I only tried the gourmet one because I fell in love with the food and the service immediately.

The breakfast is simply amazing.

There is a shuttle from the hotel to the Bus station if you take the bus to Quebec or on the oposite side to the north ( Baie Ormeau )

and the hotel has a special connection with one of the 2 main companies proposing whale watching cruises and therefore you can get goods prices if you are hotel guests.

I really enjoyed the 3 days I spent at the Hotel Tadoussac

Yours,

Dan

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • JulienL's Profile Photo

Re: Tadoussac lodging

by JulienL Online Now Jul 9, 2007 at 6:08 AM

Hi,

I could recommend you 2 places.
    One of them is on the coast at Essipit, an amerindian reserve (25km from Tadoussac);
    Appartements with accomodation essipit.com/fr/hebergement/c...

The second one, more in a nature is ''la ferme 5 étoiles ''(15mn from Tadoussac); very very nice. A big propriety wher you can walk . This is at ''Sacre Coeur'' across the fjord of the saguenay river. ferme5etoiles.com/accueil/10...

And if you prefer camping, ''le paradis marin'' or ''Mer et monde''at Grandes Bergeronnes(22km from Tadoussac) are the best places to see whales from the coast and seakaying with the best view .
    julien.mammouth.free.fr/queb...

regards,

JulienL ( sorry for my english)

• Boulder5's Profile Photo

by Boulder5 Online Now Jul 31, 2007 at 2:37 PM

Thanks for the suggestions..I'll get right on looking them up!

• Boulder5's Profile Photo

by Boulder5 Online Now Jul 31, 2007 at 2:39 PM

Thanks for the suggestion, but a bit pricier than we had planned. We usually travel on a shoe string budget!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines