Tadoussac Travel Answers

change location
TA7DS's Profile Photo

Whale Watching

by TA7DS Online Now May 2, 2005 at 3:33 PM

Looking for info on zodiac-type whale watching tours in the Tadoussac-Saguenay area for the first two weekends in May. Thanks.

Quote & Answer
6 Answers
  • airkarat's Profile Photo

RE: Whale Watching

by airkarat Online Now May 2, 2005 at 4:04 PM

Try this: quebecweb.com/croisieres2001...

I went in June 2003, and the 'big' operator was Dufour ??... they seemed to run both big boats and zodiacs. I took a cruise from the south shore Riviere du Loup and we were sharing the same 'whales' with the boats from Tadoussac, including some zodiacs. The zodiacs seemed to be able to get closer and to follow groups of whales, but the water was pretty choppy that day, so some passengers were sea-sick. Maybe thats an idea - to find a company that has both large and small boats and make your decision based on the conditions.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • RE: Whale Watching

by Canadiangirl1791 Online Now May 3, 2005 at 9:33 AM

Hi,
    I went whale watching in that area about 10 yrs ago, I don't remember the name of the outfit, but it was a zodiac. We were very close to the whales, it was unbelieveable. At one opint, the zodiac had stopped and a whale surfaced so close to us I could almost touch it. Here's a tip for you. Wear warm socks!! They had given us rubber boots and rain jackets, but my feet were freezing in the bottom of the boot. Have fun!

• Jefie's Profile Photo

by Jefie Online Now May 4, 2005 at 6:37 AM

Hi! Here's the link to the Groupe Dufour zodiac whale-watching cruises: cruises.dufour.ca/en/croisie...

Hope this helps!

by airkarat Online Now May 4, 2005 at 12:56 PM

croisieresaml.com/AC.html?S=...

And here is a link to AML, the company I used in 2003 from Riviere du Loup. Although I was in a large boat, they also have zodiacs from Tadoussac.

The guides spoke English too, just in case you were wondering.

Apparently the different species of whales come at different times of the year. We were there in early June, so you will likely see the same - humpbacks and grey whales, and also belugas. The belugas are always on the go, whereas the big 'black' whales hang around the big boats. The belugas are also very playful, so a zodiac tour would be good to be able to skip along with them.

RE: RE: Whale Watching

by airkarat Online Now May 4, 2005 at 9:08 PM

croisieresaml.com/AC.html?S=...

And here is a link to AML, the company I used in 2003 from Riviere du Loup. Although I was in a large boat, they also have zodiacs from Tadoussac.

The guides spoke English too, just in case you were wondering.

Apparently the different species of whales come at different times of the year. We were there in early June, so you will likely see the same - humpbacks and grey whales, and also belugas. The belugas are always on the go, whereas the big 'black' whales hang around the big boats. The belugas are also very playful, so a zodiac tour would be good to be able to skip along with them.

• TA7DS's Profile Photo

by TA7DS Online Now May 12, 2005 at 4:07 PM

Merci tous le monde.

I was able to take a zodiac tour with AML. The weather was perfect and we were able to see several minkes , belugas and a fin whale.

The warm socks were a good idea!

Whale of a thanks.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines