Tacoma Travel Answers

change location
exSlacker's Profile Photo

Any Interest in a Tacoma VT Members' Gathering?

by exSlacker Online Now Aug 21, 2007 at 9:31 AM

My name is Tim Duggan...and my wife Amy, daughter Calynn (10 mos.) and I are new to Tacoma...we just moved here a couple of months ago from Austin, TX and are living near PLU/Proctor. I'm VERY excited about being here in the Pacific Northwest.

I grew up in Indiana near Chicago and then went to school and lived in Nashville for 14 years. However, Amy grew up in the Seattle area...so we have a lot of friends in the Seattle area. I'm also playing on a soccer team in Seattle...so I'm meeting even MORE people in Seattle. I'm loving Tacoma and our neighborhood, but I don't really know many people here.

Due to a scheduling conflict, I missed a big VT gathering in Austin and I was SO bummed. I'm always up for meeting a big group of diverse, open-minded travelers! I was thinking that having a VT gathering here in Tacoma would be lots of fun AND a great way for me to meet interesting people here in my new home. I'm hoping to gauge interest here. Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • davidmg's Profile Photo

Re: Any Interest in a Tacoma VT Members' Gathering?

by davidmg Online Now Aug 21, 2007 at 10:29 AM

Welcome to the Pacific Northwest! I am in the Seattle area. If you do plan something, please post the date and I'll see if I can make it.

Thanks.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • joiwatani's Profile Photo

by joiwatani Online Now Aug 21, 2007 at 10:50 AM

Count me in! Just email me the time and the place...

• exSlacker's Profile Photo

by exSlacker Online Now Aug 21, 2007 at 11:38 AM

I'm glad to see 2 quick responses....I'm going to leave this up for a while and see how many more replies we get before acting.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines