Szekesfehervar Travel Answers

change location
rodndtube's Profile Photo

Location of Train Station?

by rodndtube Online Now Feb 11, 2007 at 9:00 PM

Where is the train station for Budapest in relation to Hotel Magyar Kiraly?

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • RE: Location of Train Station?

by jimac Online Now Feb 12, 2007 at 5:46 AM

The train station is 2 kilometers south of the city center. The hotel is a bit north of the center.

magyarkiraly.axelero.net/ind...

The map has an arrow that points in the direction of the train station (palyaudvar Budapest).

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • danbp's Profile Photo

RE: Location of Train Station?

by danbp Online Now Feb 12, 2007 at 11:03 AM

Yep, it's a longer walk (about 20-30 minutes) or a quick taxi or bus ride.
    By bus, you have these options:
    - bus 33 from its terminal stop at the railway station to Muzeum stop (5 stops)
    - bus 34 from railway station terminal to Muzeum (4 stops)
    These buses together run on a 30-minute headway, for details visit www.albavolan.hu

You may also take buses 31, 32, 35 to get much closer, to stop Fehervar Aruhaz (4 stops).

• RE: RE: Location of Train Station?

by jimac Online Now Feb 12, 2007 at 12:06 PM

Check with the hotel to see if they have a shuttle service from the train station. (The nearby Novotel hotel does have a shuttle).

Szekesfehervar is a great place. I am sure that you will have a good time there.
    I also recommend Veszprem, a very accessible train ride.

• rodndtube's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Location of Train Station?

by rodndtube Online Now Feb 17, 2007 at 11:20 AM

> Szekesfehervar is a great place. I am sure that you
    > will have a good time there.

Agreed! We spent a Sunday afternoon and evening walking around the downtown area with my wife's relatives that live in the city a couple of years ago in October. We are returning this July for a wedding in the nearby town of Bakonycsernye, but "must" also spend a day and night in Szekesfehervar to keep all relatives smiling!

> I also recommend Veszprem, a very accessible train ride.

Yes, another good recommendation. We drove there with the future groom and his father when visiting in Bakonycsernye. I expect my wife's brother and his wife to spend a couple more days in the area while we take the train to Budapest and continue to visit in other areas of Hungary - Szentendre, Esztergom and more of Budapest. Never enough time to do everything! However, our relatives in Bakonycsernye make excellent wine :)

Would you recommend any other hotels or pensions in Szekesfehervar? What are the day and evening temperatures?

Thank you very much for your comments!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Szekesfehervar