Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Papa Market

Papa Jul 8, 2014 at 9:34 AM

when is next Wednesday market

more
    • Accommodation?

Csepel-sziget Jun 26, 2014 at 3:56 AM

Any good accommodation solutions left for sziget at this point? would be arriving with three friends, (males).

more
    • Express train from Vienna airport

Sopron Jun 21, 2014 at 10:12 AM

Is there an express train from the Vienna airport and what is the cost?

more
    • Riding shows

Hortobagy Jun 20, 2014 at 8:37 AM

How do I find out what times they have riding shows at Horotobagy or elsewhere in July?

more
    • Varkert bazaar

Budapest Jun 19, 2014 at 5:51 PM

Does anyone know if the redevelopment of Varkert bazaar is completed yet and if it is reopened to the public?

more
    • Ferenciek tere

Budapest Jun 18, 2014 at 10:19 PM

Could anyone please tell me if they have finished with the redevelopment works around Ferenciek tere, and also if the Parizsi Udvar is still accessible to the public?

more
    • Express train from Vienna airport

Sopron Jun 21, 2014 at 10:28 AM

Is there an express train from the Vienna airport to Sopron and what is the current cost? or where can I find this info?

more
    • Budapest to Lviv in August 2014: Best ways to travel: Train or Drive?

Budapest Yesterday

We are 2 American couples traveling through Central Europe and planning to from Budapest to Lviv, Ukraine in August 2014.

With the unrest in Ukraine I am a bit worried about travel but we have set our minds to go anyway and now looking for a good way to get there.

What is the preferable way to travel?

Would the Budapest-Lviv train be the only option? I know it is long trip - 15 hrs!

If so, which train# is it or maybe there is a name? Is there a special word for a sleeping coach? Are there are any coaches for 2 people in one?

The website for Hungarian railroads is difficult to understand to say the least.

Or would it be possible to hire a driver and rent a minivan in Budapest (or Lviv) to have someone drive us to Lviv?

Any help is appreciated!

Yana,
      Boston

more

Popular Szeged Megyei Varos Travel Answer Locations

• Transportation questions in Szeged

Szeged Mar 23, 2014 at 11:43 PM

1. Are there left luggage service/lockers at Szeged main bus station?
      2. How do I get from the train station to bus station?

1 Answer Mar 24, 2014 at 4:15 AM
    • Bus from Budapest to Szeged?

Szeged May 15, 2013 at 7:04 AM

We're arriving at the Budapest airport around 10 pm. As I see, there are no more trains at that time. Are there perhaps any buses at the time to take us to Szeged from the airport later in the evening?

1 Answer May 15, 2013 at 11:12 AM
    • organic clothes / food

Szeged May 7, 2012 at 12:05 PM

Do you know the site / address of any healthy / organic foods shop in Szeged?
      Do you know where can I buy organic clothes / underwear stuff in Szeged?

• Romanix's Profile Photo

Usual typical food in Nagy-Alföld

Szeged Jun 6, 2011 at 10:12 AM

Dear friends,

I would like to carry out a project called «Tiszavetélö». I come with my bicycle to Zanony and then drive down river Tisza till Szeged, crossing and crossing it by ferries. By this way I would like to merge to central Hungarian way of life. In particular, I cook myself, buying food in shops.

I would like to learn some basic things, what should I buy and what should I cook, which oil is used for (home!) cooking in Nagy-Alföld region. I speak very ugly magyarul, but nevertheless I do that.

Any other tips are highly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance!

• New Year's Day in Szeged, Info

Szeged Dec 19, 2010 at 6:24 AM

Hello, to avoid confusion in Budapest I had thought to pass the 'last' s years in a provincial town like Szeged.
      I have seen is that the university, so lots of young people. It's worth coming here? The locals speak English? Thanks

1 Answer Dec 21, 2010 at 3:07 PM
    • Szeged to Spain

Szeged Jan 7, 2010 at 2:16 AM

We are considering traveling to Lucia, Spain, in March from Szeged. We are located in Timisoara, Romania, but I haven't found a train connection without going to Bucharest first, so want to know if leaving from Szeged is a solution. Any travel tips regarding train travel between these destinations? Is it possible to buy an inclusive ticket or must you buy individual segments?

Thanks

Ruth

4 Answers Jan 8, 2010 at 1:56 AM
    • Kevin_Miller's Profile Photo

Szeged

Szeged Jun 13, 2008 at 10:09 AM

Hi world how are you? I'm thinking of taking a trip to Szeged. Either in the next 2 months or in December. Can anyone give me the low down on places to stay, places to eat, places to visit & places to party (r'n'b in particular)? Thanks.

• Szeged Papucs

Szeged Apr 17, 2008 at 8:06 PM

How can I buy a pair of Szeged slippers on line?

Thanks.

2 Answers Aug 9, 2009 at 8:18 PM
    • I AM FROM MALTA

Szeged Mar 20, 2008 at 3:33 PM

I am caming to Szeged next month I want to know about the countryhow can i get from bupapest airport and what about night life.

Thnaks

2 Answers Mar 21, 2008 at 5:33 AM
    • Drugness's Profile Photo

Reasonably priced accomodation in Szeged?

Szeged Feb 21, 2008 at 10:37 AM

Hi all.
      It's been a while since Cudowna's post below so i thought i would ask again if there is any good accomodation that anyone can recommend in city centre of Szeged? Guesthouses and hotels or hostels are prefered.
      I'm not looking for backpacker/lowest possible price though. I don't want to stay in the Tisza Sport Hotel, not that there's anything wrong with the place, i've stayed there before and it's a nice place, it's just a bit too far from the town centre. A little more luxury is required this time :)
      Hey Danbp, i'm sure you can help :-D
      It's a great city and i'm looking forward to visiting again
      Cheers to you all

DG

1 Answer Feb 28, 2008 at 3:20 AM
    • Getting into Serbia from Szeged by rail.

Szeged Jun 20, 2006 at 9:23 AM

Please could you tell me if there is a regular rail service from Szeged into Serbia. I would also like to know about how I would pay (in which currency).

Any information would be very helpful and greatly appreciated.

Thanks J Riley

1 Answer Jun 20, 2006 at 11:58 AM
    • Cudowna's Profile Photo

cheap accommodation in Szeged, Hungary

Szeged Apr 2, 2006 at 12:05 PM

please let us know on accommodation in Szeged cheaper than 20 USD.

2 Answers Apr 6, 2006 at 2:14 AM
    • diploma, master thesis, summer student positions, agriculture, biology in Hungary

Szeged Feb 19, 2006 at 5:22 AM

Dear all!
      Who is interested to carry out a diploma or master thesis about invasive insects in agriculture? We are an international research organisation and are based in Hodmezovasarhely near Szeged, Hungary. From April/May to August 2006, we are still looking for at least two students that are interested in the above-mentioned topics, that are willing to work with us in field experiments, and that speak either English, French or German.
      Please contact for further details: Stefan Toepfer, stoepfer@gmx.net

1 Answer Feb 21, 2006 at 7:52 AM
    • Szeged- food

Szeged Jan 26, 2006 at 12:30 PM

I've found this "A kifli is a cross between a croissant and a roll. The Szegedi variety (named for Szeged, the southeastern city from whence it comes) has a sweet almond glaze. It's available at cafes or bakeries, but you might have to travel to Szeged for an authentic taste". Can you tell me where can I find something like these in Szeged? And what is the correct hungarian name?
      Thanks,
      Bianca

3 Answers Jan 30, 2006 at 9:47 AM
    • Ali46London's Profile Photo

Ali

Szeged Nov 29, 2005 at 8:26 AM

I need to chat with peoples in Szeged,.... can sombody tell me the address of chat web for peoples from Szeged.. i need to to chat using English...
      I am thankful for the help

Ali

• Szeged:fish soup

Szeged Feb 6, 2005 at 10:47 AM

Hello! I'll travel next month in Hungary and I will be for a couple of hours in Szeged. Could anyone tell me where could I eat the best fish soup in town? And if anyone has visited the Salami and Paprika Museum of the Pick Salami Factory? Could you please tell me your personal opinion, if it worth the time(because I only stay for maximum 4 hours in Szeged). Thanks in advance

4 Answers Feb 9, 2005 at 1:13 PM
    • mal1's Profile Photo

Szeged to Timisoara bus query

Szeged Jan 4, 2005 at 10:02 AM

Hi all The only info I can find in English about travelling between these two places comes up with this info: Szeged-Timisoara 1,800Ft, 158km 3.0hrs TuF6:30, WSa15:00, Sa10:10 Not sure how old this is or whether these times/days are still the case, so if anyone could let me know (or point me in the right direction towards an English speaking site!) it would be very much appreciated - many thanks!

5 Answers Mar 2, 2005 at 5:56 AM
    • coming to study in Szeged: tips?

Szeged Jul 4, 2004 at 1:40 PM

Hi! I'm a Finnish girl going to study next academic year as an exchange student in Szeged. It would be really nice to hear some tips from locals and even getting to know you better since I would not like only to hang out with other international students. I'll appreasiate any information etc.about Szeded etc. Thanks in andance! By the way, it is easy to find someone who could teach Hungarian?

2 Answers Dec 19, 2004 at 11:42 AM
    • solecf's Profile Photo

any cheap hostel in SZEGED?

Szeged Megyei Varos May 22, 2004 at 1:45 PM

Well, iam starting to look for some places and SZEGED seems to be quite an interesting place...but i cant find any cheap hostel over there...does anybody know any of them? it would be for one or two night, saturday and sunday, and no mare than 35$/night....is there something like that over there? thanks :)

1 Answer Jun 21, 2004 at 2:59 AM
    • eurotraveler5's Profile Photo

Szeged to Novi Sad

Szeged Feb 12, 2004 at 8:10 AM

We will also be visiting Hungary and Serbia this fall and are looking for information about bus service between Szeged and Novi Sad. I can't read Hungarian or Serbian, but here are the links to some bus companies if someone can help. http://www.volan.hu/new/index.htm (only in Hungarian) http://www.sutrans.co.yu/yu/index.htm (Hungarian/Serbian)  

3 Answers Feb 13, 2004 at 6:51 AM
    • olacrimosa's Profile Photo

Youth hostels and what to see in Szeged?

Szeged Feb 4, 2004 at 10:55 AM

Hello everybody. Next week, i want to escape from Budapest for 3 or 4 days. I choose to go to szeged because i never went in this town. But i didn't really find some interesting "news", or "things to see" on the internet and i would like to ask you: - if there are youth hostels in szeged (or not expensive hotels) - what is interesting to see ( i don't speak only about buildings but landscape or everything in fact) -And also if it is "interesting" to follow the river Tisza, cross the south border......and walk in fact.......

1 Answer Feb 5, 2004 at 9:11 AM
    • Is it easy to hitch-hike from Hungary to Romania?

Szeged Jul 28, 2003 at 1:04 PM

I am traveling hitch-hicking from Spain around Europe, and now I am in Zagreb. I would like to go to Sziget festival this summer to enjoy Bregoviæ's music and then go to Romania. But I do not know if it is easy to get out from Budapest hitch-hicking directly to Romania. I would like to know some good place to begin in Budapest and the best way to get to Transilvania. And, besides, can someone recomend me some good place where to stay in my way to Transilvania?. Multumesc. Thank you!!!

• Does anyone know bustimes

Szeged Jun 10, 2003 at 4:38 AM

Does anyone know the actuale bustimes of the busses which go to Arad from Szeged. The intenational bustimetable on the net is writtten in hungaria, too difficult for me. PLease help

4 Answers Jun 10, 2003 at 2:20 PM