Szeged Travel Answers

change location

Szeged to Spain

by ruth87 Online Now Jan 7, 2010 at 2:16 AM

We are considering traveling to Lucia, Spain, in March from Szeged. We are located in Timisoara, Romania, but I haven't found a train connection without going to Bucharest first, so want to know if leaving from Szeged is a solution. Any travel tips regarding train travel between these destinations? Is it possible to buy an inclusive ticket or must you buy individual segments?

Thanks

Ruth

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • Re: Szeged to Spain

by K_V_B Online Now Jan 7, 2010 at 3:18 AM

A good place to find out about train times is www.bahn.de. You can indeed start in Szeged, but it will be a very long trip anyway. And where are you going to? I can't find a "Lucia" in Spain, and Santa Lucia is on the Canaries...

Wether someone will be able to sell you a TCV ticket for the whole trips is questionable, and this is probably quite expensive too.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Szeged to Spain

by K_V_B Online Now Jan 7, 2010 at 10:58 PM

I see that from Timisoara you can get to Budapest by train. From there (depending on where you want to be in Spain) there are really only two practical routes.
    - Night train Budapest - Zürich. Then Zürich - Geneva - Montpelier - Barcelona.
    - Day train Budapest - München. Then night train München - Paris. Then either,
    a) take a connecting TGV to the Spanish border, and onwards from there.
    b) spend the day in Paris and take a night train to Madrid of Barcelona.

• danbp's Profile Photo

Re: Szeged to Spain

by danbp Online Now Jan 8, 2010 at 1:56 AM

There are two daily train connections from Timisoara Nord to Budapest-Keleti. They also call at Bekescsaba, where you can change to a local train to Szeged - I don't really understand if you need that or it was just an alternative to go via Szeged. Train times from Timisoara: 6:54 and 16:54, journey time 5 hrs.
    Eurolines Romania also operates a Bucharest - Budapest coach calling at Timisoara, autogara Eurolines and terminating at Budapest, Nepliget, not calling anywhere in Hungary, officially at least. (Most bus services to Romania do call at Ferihegy airport, but it's not shown in official schedules. Anyway, the airport is a 45-minute trip from Nepliget bus station.) This bus service runs only on Tuesdays, departing at 17:00 from Timisoara. Journey time to Budapest 6 hrs.

• danbp's Profile Photo

Re: Szeged to Spain

by danbp Online Now Jan 8, 2010 at 1:56 AM

I'm sorry, the Bucuresti-Timisoara-Budapest bus runs on Saturdays, not Tuesdays.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Szeged