Szeged Travel Answers

change location

Szeged:fish soup

by ancato Online Now Feb 6, 2005 at 10:47 AM

Hello! I'll travel next month in Hungary and I will be for a couple of hours in Szeged. Could anyone tell me where could I eat the best fish soup in town? And if anyone has visited the Salami and Paprika Museum of the Pick Salami Factory? Could you please tell me your personal opinion, if it worth the time(because I only stay for maximum 4 hours in Szeged). Thanks in advance

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • danbp's Profile Photo

Re: Szeged:fish soup

by danbp Online Now Feb 7, 2005 at 11:47 AM

No. Szeged is the place to eat Fish(erman's) Soup. Okay, the goulash might be okay as well, but fish soup is the 'must eat' in Szeged. If I remember right, there is a really good restaurant in a cellar on the section of the Tisza Lajos korut between Centrum Aruhaz (Attila utca) and Dugonics ter, on the right side if walking from Centrum towards Dugonics ter. You have to get off tram 3, 3F or 4 at Dugonics ter I believe. I haven't been to the museum.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Szeged:fish soup

by ancato Online Now Feb 7, 2005 at 2:39 PM

Yes, I'll try goulash for sure in other part of Hungary, tkanks Keti. And Danbp, I hope I'll find that place and enjoy it. Tks! I still wait any opinions about that Pick Salami Factory...nobody was there?

• Re: Szeged:fish soup

by Matyas Online Now Feb 7, 2005 at 3:15 PM

Hi. I think the best restaurant is the Kiskorossy Halaszcsarda ... autoinfo.hu/ettermek/koros/f... Or the Csarda in the Roosvelt Square in the city centre: autoinfo.hu/ettermek/roos/fr... (You can find the 'whole' list here: autoinfo.hu/ettermek/e/index... I've visited the Salami factory ... Yes it is worth visiting it and taste the Pick Salami as well!!!...However it was better some years ago.Have a nice day!Matyas

• GillianMcLaughlin's Profile Photo

Re: Re: Szeged:fish soup

by GillianMcLaughlin Online Now Feb 9, 2005 at 1:13 PM

Hi I was in Szeged for business for a couple of days and loved it. The Pick salami factory was surprisingly interesting and well presented. Here's a link to some info on the factory virtualtourist.com/m/6cace/6... I can't help on the restaurant (we had meals organised for us) but I hope you have a great time. It really is a lovely town

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Szeged