Szeged Travel Answers

change location
mal1's Profile Photo

Szeged to Timisoara bus query

by mal1 Online Now Jan 4, 2005 at 10:02 AM

Hi all The only info I can find in English about travelling between these two places comes up with this info: Szeged-Timisoara 1,800Ft, 158km 3.0hrs TuF6:30, WSa15:00, Sa10:10 Not sure how old this is or whether these times/days are still the case, so if anyone could let me know (or point me in the right direction towards an English speaking site!) it would be very much appreciated - many thanks!

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • danbp's Profile Photo

Re: Szeged to Timisoara bus query

by danbp Online Now Jan 3, 2005 at 8:50 AM

According to www.volan.hu (in Hungarian only), there is no service on the Arad-Timisoara part of the Szeged-Timisoara coach line. You have to take a train therefore with one transfer at Bekescsaba: Szeged dep. 0858 local train to Bekescsaba Bekescsaba arr. 1052 Bekescsaba dep. 1210 TRAIANUS INTERCITY from Budapest-Keleti through Lököshaza to Timisoara-Nord Timisoara Nord arr. 1534 OR Szeged dep. 1405 local train to Bekescsaba Bekescsaba arr. 1605 Bekescsaba dep. BEGA int'l fast train from Budapest-Keleti through Lököshaza to Timisoara Nord Timisoara Nord arr. 1954 Note that there is compulsory reservation for the international trains. No pricing information is available. These trains operate daily. TRAIANUS IC forwards a restaurant car as well as through coaches from Venezia S.L. and to Bucuresti Nord.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • danbp's Profile Photo

Re: Re: Szeged to Timisoara bus query

by danbp Online Now Jan 3, 2005 at 8:52 AM

Oh, and note the time zone changes. Szeged is GMT+0100, Timisoara is GMT+0200 (in the winter).

• Re: Szeged to Timisoara bus query

by Kantor Online Now Jan 3, 2005 at 8:53 AM

Tisza Volan used to have Szeged - Timisoara (Temesvar) buses, but now they only go to Arad. Look at tiszavolan.hu/schedule/dista... It is in Hungarian, but if you chose Arad on the right hand side pull down menu, you'll see the times. Regards, K If you want more help, post it at: http://www.hungaryforum.com

• mal1's Profile Photo

Re: Re: Szeged to Timisoara bus query

by mal1 Online Now Jan 4, 2005 at 10:02 AM

Many thanks to you both for the help! :-)

• RE: RE: Szeged to Timisoara bus query

by corizm Online Now Mar 2, 2005 at 5:56 AM

hi
    i live in timisoara and i can say to you that the distance from arad to timisoara is very very short...like 50 km. there are a lot of trains all day long and buses also. so it should be very easy to get to timisoara if you are in arad.

if you are hitch hiking from budapest it should be easy too. from the customs, there are a lot of trucks that are coming to timisoara and maybe they will take you.

where are you from?
    if you come to timisoara and you need help about something, give me a sign, maybe i can help you:)

corina

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Szeged