Szeged Travel Answers

change location

coming to study in Szeged: tips?

by sundk Online Now Jul 4, 2004 at 1:40 PM

Hi! I'm a Finnish girl going to study next academic year as an exchange student in Szeged. It would be really nice to hear some tips from locals and even getting to know you better since I would not like only to hang out with other international students. I'll appreasiate any information etc.about Szeded etc. Thanks in andance! By the way, it is easy to find someone who could teach Hungarian?

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • bubba4783's Profile Photo

Re: coming to study in Szeged: tips?

by bubba4783 Online Now Jul 4, 2004 at 2:13 PM

Szeged is beautiful. They say that the only language that seems to have some connection to Hungarian is Finnish. I'd be curious to hear if you find that to be true. Good luck, Bubba

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Re: coming to study in Szeged: tips?

by whynothu Online Now Dec 19, 2004 at 11:42 AM

Besides Finnish, Estonian is also related to Hungarian. However, knowing one of these languages won't help understanding the other. As far as finding a Hungarian language teacher, post a message at a university location. You might even find somebody who is interested in learning Finnish from you. There are also some Hungarian classes that are offeres at the Hungarologia section of ex-JATE. Ask at the University of Szeged as where their office is. I know it used to be at Heroes' Gate (Hosok Kapuja). If you have further questions, write to: whynothu at yahoo By the way, I am not in Hungary right now, but will be back for the summer.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Szeged