Szczecin Travel Answers

change location
Floriny's Profile Photo

Cheap place to stay in szczecin

by Floriny Online Now Aug 29, 2008 at 11:51 AM

Hello! My name is Florin 22yo, from Romania. I was in Szczecin 2 weeks ago, and I like that city so much, and i want to plan my next trip there. To problem is that, 2 weeks ago I stayed at a hostel, named Amicus. The next time I want to be in middle of october, and the lady from there said that it will be full of students that time :| This will be a big problem. There I payed 32 zl/day.
Can anyone tell me what I can find there at around this price? Coz, I found some pensjonat Rika near the centrum but on the website says that cost 35 zl/ day and when I called, it`s 80 zl... the maixum that I can pay is 40-50 zl/day as I want to stay there 5 or 7 days.
Please Help me! I`ll appreciate!!

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Jawnuta's Profile Photo

Re: Cheap place to stay in szczecin

by Jawnuta Online Now Sep 6, 2008 at 7:12 AM

I don't think there is any other place than Amicus in your price range. See, Szczecin is not really big tourist destination therefore there is only one hostel. If you go to places like Krakow, or Warsaw you will find plenty of cheap hostels, because those are the cities where all the young people go for their vacations.
    I used to live in Szczecin for many years, and I wonder, what did you liked so much about this place that instead of going to see some other polish cities, you need to return to Szczecin? Szczecin had lots of beautiful archotecture, but most of it got destroyed during WWII and what was built after the war is really not very apealing. Go to Krakow, Poznan, Gdansk, Sopot, Wroclaw, Lodz, Zakopane....
    Good luck

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Floriny's Profile Photo

by Floriny Online Now Oct 9, 2008 at 10:41 AM

Thank you for your answer ! Well, there lives the girl that I falled in love with.. and I really enjoyed this city. I belive and I know that there are many nice things to see in Poland , and maybe I`ll do some country trip someday ;)

• Jawnuta's Profile Photo

by Jawnuta Online Now Oct 9, 2008 at 3:20 PM

That explains everything ;-)
    You may want to try to search on "infoludek" infoludek.pl/ogloszenia/?akc...
    for a room for student or sublet (called stancje or stancja in Polish)
    also contact all student dormitories, there is lots of universities in Szczecin. You may get lucky and find a Romanian students in Szczecin, our Medical Academy and Marine Academy has many foreign students.
    Good luck!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines