Szczecin Travel Answers

change location
voyager37's Profile Photo

last minute travel to Szczecin

by voyager37 Online Now Nov 14, 2005 at 8:47 AM

Hi everyone,
Traveling to the city for a last minute job assignment for work. will be there from wednesday thru saturday evening, what can anyone recommend to see,do, in the evenings and possibly saturday morning til afternoon? warsaw maybe? also, how are prices there in poland?
rich

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • sprdak11's Profile Photo

RE: last minute travel to Szczecin

by sprdak11 Online Now Nov 14, 2005 at 9:11 AM

Hello
    Szczecin is an interesting city.
    There are many places to spend a nice time in the evening - many cafes and pubs. Please take a look at my and my friends' ( Polish Mila, Dagon ) VT pages about Szczecin - there you can find useful tips.
    Unfortunately - it's far from Szczecin to Warsaw - about 6 hours by train. Prices in Poland comparing with other EU countries are lower.
    Wish you a nice stay in Szczecin.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • voyager37's Profile Photo

RE: RE: last minute travel to Szczecin

by voyager37 Online Now Nov 14, 2005 at 9:41 AM

hi thanks for the info,
    how about the weather? should i dress extremely warm or what??? if you'd be interested in a mini-VT meeting for coffee let me know, I'd like that.. I fly in out through warsaw, so i have til 3pm on saturday before my flight at 430pm, walk the city, maybe? what do you think?

• sprdak11's Profile Photo

by sprdak11 Online Now Nov 14, 2005 at 10:20 AM

• sihi's Profile Photo

by sihi Online Now Nov 15, 2005 at 9:33 AM

Hi!

Szczecin is very nice city. Places must see - the old town with castle, there near you will see nice and huge gothic church. Walk in the centre of the city (between Odra river and Monte Cassino street) where you can see interesting streets and buildings.
    Stay in Szczecin at least for 2 days. You can do short trip to Warsaw and Torun (old UNESCO city) - by train it is very easy.

Have a nice time!:)

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines