Szalafo

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• corinthia hotel to train station to get train tickets

Budapest 38 minutes ago

I am thinking of buying train tickets from Budapest to Vienna. Hungarian rail tickets must be printed on a machine at the train station if you purchase online. I don't want to wait until I am going on the train to print the tickets. How easy is it to take public transportaton from the Corinthia hotel to the station and back?

more
    • georgebxl's Profile Photo

visit of Tatabánya with 6 international friends from Budapest

Tatabanya 7 hours ago

Hi, we will visit Tatabánya on Saturday 6th of June with 6 friends all coming from Budapest. We haven't planned much, just the castle in Tata. Anyone out there on VT network willing to make a short walk with us in exchange for a lunch/drink? Just text me your first name on +36 70 2800812 and I call you back asap / answer "here" also fine of course. I'm working till 16:00.
      Cordially, George

more
    • Day trip to Aggtelek Caves

Budapest May 7, 2015 at 7:05 AM

Hi, we would be staying in Budapest a few days, and we would like to take a day trip to the Aggtelek Caves. May I know if it's accessible by public transport? I found from …cdata.hu/uj_menetrend/en/ind... that there's a bus no 1054/1 that departs from Stadion autobusz stop at 6:15 and arrives at Aggtelek autobusz at 10:44. Is this accurate, and can we just buy the ticket from the conductor directly? How far away is the bus stop from the entrance of the caves? Thanks.

more
    • graphicscorpio's Profile Photo

Bus options from Budapest to Zadar, Croatia

Budapest May 9, 2015 at 12:42 PM

Trying to find a bus from Budapest to Zadar. Not having any luck. I know we can take a train to Zagreb then a bus to Zadar but I'd rather not have to use 2 modes of transportation. I do see that there is a company called Eurobusways (eurobusways.com/how.html#.VU... ) Possibly other travelers will find this link helpful. Their prices seem quite high to me but perhaps they are not. Always happy to have your input. Thanks much, Diane

more
    • 72 hour travel card & other general questions

Budapest Yesterday

Hi all,
      We are visiting Budapest in mid-October. We know we'll be using public transport, so considering the 72 hour travel pass.

Does this work on all public transport? Trams / Busses / Metro
      Is it true that you don't have to swipe/scan the ticket - as long as you have it on you, the inspectors won't bother you?

Even if we only used it to get from airport - city (and vice versa) it'll be worth it. Our hostel is right beside a Metro station on the blue line.

On that note, we're planning on staying in hostel Maverick as we are a couple who want a bit of fun (we're both mid 20's so prefer hostel to hotel) but a private room en-suite. Maverick is working out at about 56 euro per night, don't think we'll get better value than that. Website is here: mavericklodges.com/eng/maver...

However, if anyone else can recommend a party hostel with private (double) rooms en-suite, please do let us know.

Regarding our plans, we arrive Friday, so Friday night we're thinking 'Shipwrecked' boat party: budapestboatparty.com/events...

And then on the Saturday night, the bath party. I am confused because the website (bathsbudapest.com/budapest-b...) is saying that SZECHENYI is only open in the summer (we'll be there in October) but when we try and book it brings us to SZECHENYI.

On the Sunday night, we're thinking of just paying to go on a ruin pub crawl - can anyone make any recommendations?

During the day, apart from going up to the Castle / Fishermans Bastion and then wandering around the river front / Pest centre, I am open to recommendations!

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide!

more
    • Budapest Trip Planner

Budapest May 24, 2015 at 10:32 AM

Hi, we would like to visit Budapest and we can stay there for maximum 5 days. I would love to know the places that we can visit. It would be very helpful if any of you help us to plan our trip in a smarter, convenient and Economical way. Also, we all are students and would prefer to stay in students hostels only. Waiting for your suggestions.

more
    • gwn_joelle's Profile Photo

What to visit in Budapest?

Budapest May 7, 2015 at 1:39 PM

I wanna go to Budapest for two or three days, any suggestions of things I must see?

more
    • 3 days in Budapest

Budapest May 30, 2015 at 6:17 AM

Hello everyone,

My girlfriend and I are planning a trip, and we might spend 3 days in Budapest next August.

Do you guys have a suggestion for the accommodation, cheap and well located?

What would you say are the "must-see"? Do you have any other recommandation? :)

Thank you,

Romain

more