Syros Island Travel Answers

change location

Getting around Syros and other islands

by grdn1956 Online Now Mar 22, 2011 at 1:09 PM

I am visiting Syros this summer with my son and daughter (both adults). We will be based on Syros (my son is performing in the Festival of the Aegean) but will take ferries to Mykonos and Tinos or Paros (day trips). Is there an easy way of getting around the islands if we want to visit beaches or get out of the city? Are there scooters or bicycles for rent?
Thanks

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Re: Getting around Syros and other islands

by Ouzone Online Now Mar 22, 2011 at 5:00 PM

Syros itself has a reasonable bus service around the southern half in a circular route and to Kini.
    Syros and all those nearby islands have reasonable bus services which are seasonal so increase towards August the peak tourist season. Also, all sorts of vehicles can be hired on all the islands, you can't miss the rental places they are everywhere.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Joseph69's Profile Photo

Re: Getting around Syros and other islands

by Joseph69 Online Now Mar 27, 2011 at 7:55 PM

Hi "whoever you are"... I hope to see some information on yourself and/or travels soon! :)

Anyway, go to my Syros page... there is info there.

To get around Syros Island, there is an excellent bus service that circumnavigates the island in both directions via most beaches, and also there is a bus service to Kini.

You can hire a bike or car easily at the port area if you wish.

A day trip to Tinos and Mykonos is possible, but my advice is to hire a car/bike in Tinos and Mykonos since you won't have time for buses to turn up, etc. Tinos is a beautiful island and the nicer bits are the villages, hence, you need your own transport. Sure, there are buses, but they are not as frequent as the ones on Syros.

Cheers.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines