Syros Island Travel Answers

change location

APOLLO THEATRE SYROS

by Yvonneelmasri Online Now Oct 4, 2009 at 1:37 PM

i will be going to Syros for about 20 days in a couple of weeks and would be most interested to be able to see something at the Apollo Theatre. I did not find any events on the website and wonder if the theatre is only open during the summer. If there is any event on, I would be most interested in receiving it and some information as to how to book tickets on-line if possible. I visited the theatre and found it extremely beautiful, a small replica of the Scala here in Milan.

Thanking you in advance for any information you may be able to send me,

Yvonne EL Masri

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • INSULARIUS's Profile Photo

APOLLO THEATRE SYROS

by INSULARIUS Online Now Oct 5, 2009 at 2:06 PM

Apollo Theatre is a real jewel, not only for Hermoupolis, the capital of Syros, but for the whole Greece, as well!

I have been there 3 times during summer time and I can tell you that a lot of cultural activities were going on.For instance, two cultural festivals, which are part of HERMOUPOLIA, the big cultural festival of Hermoupolis, which lasts 3 months.Unfortunately, the last events took place at the end of September.

During winter time, do not expect a festival of that size!Certainly, some events of local importance take place and do not appeal to international audience! The only thing you can do, it is just to visit again that wonderful theatre and admire it! The entrance fee is 2 EUR.

Better to visit Syros on summer time!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • INSULARIUS's Profile Photo

APOLLO THEATRE SYROS

by INSULARIUS Online Now Oct 5, 2009 at 2:11 PM

I forgot to mention that there is a local "free cultural magazine", which is called: "SERIOUS".It is a very interesting and well-made cultural magazine about the cultural life in Syros and the neighbouring islands, but, unfortunately, it is only in Greek!

Please, have a look at their website: www.serious.gr

There, you can find their e-mail.Just e-mail them in English and if there is a cultural event on the Apollo Theatre, they will let you know!

It is the first step!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines