Syros Island Travel Answers

change location

Kini Accomodation

by Williemak Online Now Sep 27, 2006 at 12:23 PM

I am hoping to holiday on Syros next year, and have been looking at the available accomodation in Kini. The place looks lovely, and not too far to the nudist beach at Delphini, but not many apartments. I had looked at the Captains Place, but having read a post here which derided it, I have been put off. Can anyone recommend a good place for my friend and myself. We need a 2 bedroom apartment (we're friends, not lovers), and want it to be clean and well maintained. Any suggestions???

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Joseph69's Profile Photo

RE: Kini Accomodation

by Joseph69 Online Now Jan 8, 2007 at 8:49 PM

I am unsure about Kini accom, but it does appear Captain's place (or whatever it's called) isn't that great.

It all depends on how long you will stay in Syros. If you're staying for a week, and are unsure, try 2 places! Try one at Kini (or another beach) and another at Ermoupolis... the main town. At the back of Ermoupolis, there is a swimming area and it's really really nice. So, you can stay in the town and still have a swim, not a problem at all!

In Ermoupolis, there are many hotels and it's a nice town to be in. My favourite part is the side closer to the sea, which is also closer to the swimming areas. Get on the net and search.

Ermoupolis is quite nice and worthy of a look! It's not like some other typical Greek Island towns. Check other VT sites for further info and you'll see. ;)

I've never stayed at a hotel in Syros because I know many people there, so have never had the need to. Sorry, but I cannot help you there otherwise I'd just surf the net and advice, which is wrong for me to do... but if you need any help with what certain beaches are like, etc, then feel free to ask me.

Happy Planning,

Joe.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines