Syros Island Travel Answers

change location

hotel info

by wearyboy Online Now Sep 24, 2006 at 6:10 PM

hello from texas!! I'm a first time poster and I am going to Syros for the very first time. I was hoping you could tell me if Sea Colours Hotel is a good place to stay or not? Myself and my girlfriend want to stay in a clean,safe, and nice place while visiting the island. We also however do not want to spend too much money each night. Lastly, we want to be sure that the place that we decide to stay at is close or in the place where there is nightlife,restaurants,shopping and other things to do. In other words, we don't want to be secluded. We received an offer from Sea Colours Hotel to stay for 50 euros a night. Is this a good offer? What does that translate to in US dollars? I look forward to hearing from you. Thank you very much.

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Joseph69's Profile Photo

RE: hotel info

by Joseph69 Online Now Nov 18, 2006 at 7:21 AM

Hey there,

It seems like a very nice hotel in the better part of Ermoupolis. I found the following website with other hotels too:

magicaljourneys.com/Syros/sy...

... and more, but i think Sea Colours is better:

greekhotel.com/cyclades/syro...

I think it's a good offer for the location. Syros isn't a cheapie island for accomodation, but eating out, etc, is much cheaper than say Mykonos and Santorini.

I think it's nice you have chosen to go to Syros. Ermoupolis is what I think is one of the most beautiful little towns I have ever seen. There are many places to eat, drink, shop, etc etc. Also check out the Apollon Theatre... it's the exact same but smaller version of the La Scala in Milan.

If you want to go to the village beaches, in the summer, there are buses every 30 minutes, or you can get a taxi or just hire a car or moto.

From the location of your hotel, you can go swimming nearby too!

If you need more help, please ask.

Joe.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines