Syria

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Syrians can travel?

Syria Jan 10, 2014 at 9:28 PM

Are syrians allowed in the airport? if so, do they have the full rights to travel to other countries?

3 Answers Jan 11, 2014 at 9:37 AM
    • get Visa to travel to Greece

Syria Nov 29, 2013 at 1:22 AM

hi I'm Syrian and I'm in Syria now . A Greece company send me an email told me that I have an interview with its manger , I don't have Visa to be allowed to travel to Greece , how that company can help me to get that visa ? what should I ask it for ?

2 Answers Nov 29, 2013 at 10:09 AM
    • Syrian travel.

Syria Apr 17, 2012 at 10:15 AM

I am planning a two week trip to Syria in early June. Looking for reliable guides. If anyone has any contacts they would be most welcome. Thanks in advance.

7 Answers Apr 17, 2012 at 8:50 PM
    • novelsRus's Profile Photo

Public Transport in Majdal Shams - Cabs, Busses or Sheruts?

Majdal Shams Jan 7, 2012 at 3:32 PM

Hi, all,
      Quick question: how tough is it to get around in Majdal, to and from Mt. Hermon Ski Slope, etc., without one's own car? Are there cabs near the hotels? Public busses or sheruts?

Thanks in advance!

All best,
      John F.

• Latakia Governate phone number(s)

Latakia Nov 11, 2011 at 9:32 PM

Dear Forum Members :
      Could anyone please help with any phone number(s) of the Latakia Governate ?
      Many thanks.
      Antony.

1 Answer Nov 12, 2011 at 3:41 PM
    • Chatistatistor's Profile Photo

Jordan to Syria borders

Syria Jul 10, 2011 at 4:26 PM

Was planning for an overland trip with our own cars from Cairo to Istanbul passing by jordan and syria via the old classical overland route, i had noticed that the borders were closed due to the situation in Syria. Anybody have any information about if it is opened or when will it be opened again.
      Appreciate your help.

9 Answers Aug 22, 2011 at 4:44 PM
    • vojc's Profile Photo

Borders

Syria May 26, 2011 at 5:02 AM

Do anyone knows about border regimes at that times. Is it possible to enter Syria from Turkey (Kilis-Azaz).

5 Answers Aug 1, 2011 at 6:22 AM
    • putns's Profile Photo

from Adana to Aleppo

Aleppo Apr 20, 2011 at 12:19 AM

Are there direct buses from Adana to Aleppo? Can you post a link, please?

If not, is it better to go from Gaziantep or Antakya? I will need to organize visa on the border.

One week more to go and I am getting restless here....

2 Answers Apr 20, 2011 at 5:28 AM
    • orchid1949's Profile Photo

Cruise

Syria Mar 30, 2011 at 8:03 PM

Now the cruise itinerary has changed and not to go to Syria due to the situation there. They move to some places in Turkey. Please advise any visit on my own doable at Mersin and Iskenderun in Turkey.

4 Answers Mar 31, 2011 at 6:37 AM
    • Planning a trip to Syria, Jordan, and Lebanon

Syria Mar 30, 2011 at 7:32 AM

Hi,
      I'm planning a trip for late May to Syria, Lebanon, and Jordan. I just wanted to get some advice on a few things.

1. What should I bring?
      2. What are some must-see/must-do things?
      3. How receptive are the locals to travelers?
      4. Any advice?

Thanks!!

4 Answers Mar 31, 2011 at 1:51 AM
    • orchid1949's Profile Photo

Palmyra or Aleppo

Syria Mar 20, 2011 at 3:57 AM

The cruise will arrive in Tartous and stay 2 days. We have choice for shore excursion on the same day for Palmyra and Aleppo. Each for a full day tour. I do not know what to choose between Palmyra and Aleppo. I prefer Palmyra from the tour programme read. Do I make a good choice ?

Another day is Damascas on a full day tour.

9 Answers Mar 23, 2011 at 11:10 AM
    • WanderWoman11's Profile Photo

Transportation to Damascus from Istanbul

Syria Mar 18, 2011 at 7:02 AM

Does anyone know how I can get information about buses/trains from Istanbul to Damascus, Syria? Which bus/train companies? When do the buses/trains leave from Istanbul? How much is the fare? How long is the journey? Many thanks ahead.

2 Answers Mar 22, 2011 at 7:52 AM
    • WanderWoman11's Profile Photo

Transportation to Damascus from Istanbul

Damascus Mar 18, 2011 at 7:01 AM

Does anyone know how I can get information about buses/trains from Istanbul to Damascus, Syria? Which bus/train companies? When do the buses/trains leave from Istanbul? How much is the fare? How long is the journey? Many thanks ahead.

• don01's Profile Photo

Recomended drivers / guides

Syria Mar 4, 2011 at 4:17 AM

Hi all
      we are now down to the final planning and contacts for our trip to Jordan and Syria. about 15 March for 3 weeks
      Have any VTers had contact with good drivers guides or an axceptional company hiring out or touring?
      I see some of the posts in getting around and am trying to follow up on them

It would be great to get a heads up before we jump on the planes
      Now I know members don't tout but if a member has been doing lots of posts and good stuff in the forum I'd be very welcoming of an email off the forum or a recommend from others here

thanks heaps
      Don :-)

1 Answer Mar 5, 2011 at 12:57 AM
    • Current safety in a tour group to Syria?

Syria Feb 28, 2011 at 1:00 AM

Hi there. I am a South African woman and I signed up to a study tour of Syria and Jordan a while ago. There are 28 of us in the group and we leave on the 28th of March. We will be based in Damascus for about a week of tour, and will have a local guide with us all the time. I see that there have been some protests and various embassies have ominous warnings about terrorists targeting tourist sites. I would appreciate some advice about whether I should still go on the trip, especially from people who live there or have travelled recently. Thanks!

4 Answers Mar 3, 2011 at 4:43 PM
    • McClellc's Profile Photo

Tipping in Hammams

Syria Feb 23, 2011 at 9:41 AM

How much should one tip in a hammam? What is the process for tipping? When you're actually in the hammam, your money is elsewhere with all your clothes. Also, do staff expect different tips from locals, vs. tourists?

(In Istanbul, I didn't understand/plan for tipping at a nice hammam, so I was too embarrassed to go back there later!)

1 Answer Feb 27, 2011 at 5:49 PM
    • Lebanon Syria Jordan

Syria Feb 1, 2011 at 10:26 AM

I am planning to drive(bus or taxi) from Lebanon to Syria and then Jordan late Feb.
      I want to be in each country for a couple of days. I know it is way too short of a trip. But if I was to cover the basic most important sites what would they be?
      Also is it safe to cross borders considering the recent Mideast concerns? (hezbollah in lebanon and protests in Jordan and possibly in Syria etc..?

4 Answers Feb 5, 2011 at 4:17 AM
    • Share cost of car and driver

Syria Jan 25, 2011 at 11:58 PM

Wanting to share the cost of a car and driver to tour the Euphrates in mid to late March for 2-3 days. Anyone interested in splitting the cost?

3 Answers Jan 26, 2011 at 1:42 AM
    • Weather on Mediterranean Coast in December?

Syria Jan 20, 2011 at 8:26 PM

I'm working on a project and I'm making a model of Tartous and wondering what the weather is like during the winter months? I've read about it in a few places, and most of them said that it was typically heavy rain storms and whatnot. But I was hoping to get some more specific details, like the time the sun rises and goes down, temperatures, wind, fog, etc, and hoping to possibly get some pictures or something.

Thanks!

1 Answer Jan 20, 2011 at 11:08 PM

Music in Syria

Syria Jan 20, 2011 at 7:19 AM

I would like to listen to live music while I'm in Syria. I like the oud, and am also interested in Christian liturgical music. Here are a few questions:

Are live oud concerts common in Damascus and Aleppo? What kinds of settings are usual for this kind of music?

Which Christian liturgies (Greek Orthodox, Syriac Orthodox, Armenian, etc.) use choirs, and which churches in Damascus and Aleppo have the best music (i.e. good choirs and mellifluous priests)?

Thanks!

4 Answers Jan 22, 2011 at 2:55 AM
    • pure1942's Profile Photo

Visa at the border???

Syria Jan 15, 2011 at 5:01 AM

There seems to be a lot of confusion and conflicting information on the web surrounding the issue of Visas on arrival at the Syrian border. I have read that it is officially permitted to obtain a Syrian Visa at the border if your country of residence does not have a Syrian Embassy. There is no embassy in Ireland and so I presumed that I could get one easily at the border - Is this the case? Has anyone first hand experience of obtaining a visa at the border? I know the official line but would like to hear from anyone who has actually obtained the Visa and how much it cost and how long it took to get? Thanks in advance.
      Brian

15 Answers Feb 7, 2011 at 2:33 PM
    • Travel from Petra to Karak and on to Maraba in one day.

Syria Jan 14, 2011 at 9:20 PM

I can get a mini bus out of Petra at mid day to Karack. Does anyone know of anything earlier?

Guide books give vague suggestions from Karack to Maraba.
      Wanting to spend 2-3 hrs at Karack castle and then get to Maraba in late afternoon/early evening.

Has anyone got any bus/minbus times that will help me out?

1 Answer Jan 19, 2011 at 12:19 PM
    • Bosra

Syria Jan 11, 2011 at 12:58 PM

Travelliyang to Bosra from Jordan then up to Damascuc in one day.
      Where can I store my backpack so that I don't have to carry it around on the sites? Is there a left luggage facility at the the bus station?

4 Answers Jan 12, 2011 at 1:04 AM

Aleppo-Hama-Apamea-Damascus transportation options

Syria Jan 9, 2011 at 11:04 AM

I am planning on visiting the destinations listed in the Post title. Would Hama and Apamea be a day trip out of Aleppo? What kind of transport would be available? Could it be done on local buses/shared minibuses out of Aleppo?

Or, would it be possible to start in Aleppo, visit the intermediate locations, and end up in Damascus (perhaps spending the night in Hama)?

What kinds of travel times are involved?

Thanks!

1 Answer Jan 9, 2011 at 11:47 AM
    • marktynernyc's Profile Photo

Beirut & Damascus or Marrakech & Fez

Damascus Dec 17, 2010 at 7:57 PM

Any opinions? I've visited Marrakech a few years ago (was in Granda this past fall) and am very interested in going back to Morocco however Beirut and Damascus have gotten under my skin and are very unfamiliar thus alluring. Damascus is said to be the oldest city in the world. Beirut was (possibly still is?) the Paris of the East - and I hear the food in Lebanon is amazing. Beirut and Damascus for me is so far off the map which makes it very attractive while Morocco is a bit more familiar and is an incredible country. Help!

5 Answers Mar 15, 2011 at 5:27 PM
    • jlanza29's Profile Photo

From Damascus to Kark de Chevaliers Castle

Damascus Dec 16, 2010 at 1:17 PM

Hello everyone got a question. How would I be able to get to see this wonderful castle the Krak Des Chevaliers from Damascus ???? Is it possible to do a day trip ??? Do you fly from Damascus or take the train or drive I read it's 280 KM away so I'm thinking that's at least 4 hr to get there and 4 hours back .... If I hired a taxi how much would I be expected to pay ???? Any info would help ... Thanks... jlanza29

2 Answers Dec 17, 2010 at 6:49 AM
    • sukan's Profile Photo

Airport to town + bus to Amman

Muhafazat Dimashq Dec 16, 2010 at 10:19 AM

Hi there :),

I have a question regarding the transportation in Damascus.

I will arrive to Damascus at night - 2.30 am (24th Dec). I would like to manage to take the bus to Amman which I understand should leave Damascus at around 7am.

Do you know:

i) How can I get from the airport to the bus station? I understand there should be some night buses right?
      ii) What is the name of the bus station serving buses to Amman?
      iii) Will I be able to get a seat without reservation?
      iv) Are there more buses to Amman than the morning one?
      v) Will the bus be in service on 24th of December?

Thanks a lot for tips!

Bye,

sukan

1 Answer Dec 16, 2010 at 11:21 PM
    • Lofenling's Profile Photo

Ubin Island

Ubin Dec 10, 2010 at 10:52 PM

Place to swim in Ubin Island?

• can i stay with my boyfriend

Damascus Nov 25, 2010 at 5:19 PM

Hi All,

I am planning a trip to Damascus to visit my boyfriend. He has his own apartment there and I was wondering if there will be any problem with me staying with him at his apartment if we are not married.

Hope to hear soon

thanks
      P

6 Answers Nov 27, 2010 at 1:24 AM
    • DubaiRes's Profile Photo

VISA - Confusion

Damascus Nov 23, 2010 at 10:59 PM

The information given on the Internet is that I need a VISA to visit Syria (to download form, attach photos etc). I have just spoken to my closest Consulate (UAE) to find out cost and the gentleman tells me that I can get a VISA upon arrival at Damascus Airport. Can anyone please confirm this. I am UK citizen. Currently resident in Bahrain. Thanks.

5 Answers Dec 12, 2010 at 1:32 AM