Syracuse Travel Answers

change location

Traveling NYC TO Syracuse

by YuccaJoe Online Now Jan 29, 2003 at 6:45 AM

Im looking for options besides Greyhound to get to Syracuse from NYC. Im going up to do a volunteer project and hoping not to spend the money to fly, but I have to be there by noon on Jan 30th (tomorrow) thanks for any suggestions

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • heywinks's Profile Photo

msg board

by heywinks Online Now Jan 29, 2003 at 7:11 AM

you might want to go on campus at syracuse & pick up the "daily orange", one of the school publications, & the most widely read one by the students. there are sometimes ads there for share-a-rides. someone has a car, is going to nyc, & wouldn't mind bringing someone along for half the gas fare. or someone like you who is looking for a ride. when i was in school there, that's what i remembered. i believe that somewhere else on campus has an actually board where people post up signs for rides. it's been so long i can't remember where it was or if it's even there before. you might want to call SU & get more info on that. good luck!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • travelmad478's Profile Photo

Re: Traveling NYC TO Syracuse

by travelmad478 Online Now Jan 29, 2003 at 7:28 AM

Amtrak (www.amtrak.com) costs58. You'd have to leave today at 3:45 to get there by tomorrow noon, since the trip takes about 5 hours and there are no super-early trains tomorrow. I think Greyhound might be a better option.

• heywinks's Profile Photo

oops

by heywinks Online Now Jan 29, 2003 at 11:49 PM

oops, i read the question wrong & gave advice for how to get from syracuse to NYC. sorry! but for your trip back to the city, my info might be helpful. i hope you found something!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines