Symi Travel Answers

change location

Travel Agent when booking?

by karennevett1957 Online Now Jan 10, 2006 at 11:05 AM

Hi there, this is my first posting and i hope someone can advise me. I am looking to go to Symi at the end of May and have looked online to book however, the few agents who go there are very expensive. So i would like to know if anybody who has travelled there before could recommend a good travel agent and is it best to book hotel and apartment/hotel and flight seperatley or as a package.
Thanks in advance

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • Elenitsa's Profile Photo

RE: Travel Agent when booking?

by Elenitsa Online Now Jan 11, 2006 at 5:12 AM

Karen - will you be away over May bank holiday weekend???

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Fotakis's Profile Photo

by Fotakis Online Now Jan 21, 2006 at 6:29 PM

You need to go to Rhodes, from there you pay a small 10 Euro to get to Symi.

by Catamaran, or 2 hours by Large boat. Take the Cat.

If you looking for accomodation try this website out

http://www.symivisitor.com/

I know the guy who runs the Website, an old freind from Sydney who has been living in Symi for years.

Ta.

• SusanTilly's Profile Photo

by SusanTilly Online Now Feb 4, 2006 at 2:59 PM

Hi, we have been to the beautiful island of Symi a couple of times and both times we booked a cheap two week package to Rhodes then went over to Symi for a few nights mid-holiday. We stayed at the Opera House Apartments which were really nice and cost 50 euro a night. The ferry fare was 15 euro return each.

A word of warning - don't leave your return crossing back from Symi to the airport until the last minute. On the day we returned to Rhodes last September the ferry was initially cancelled due to rough seas. Apparently it is very tricky to dock in Rhodes in certain conditions even though the sea looks calm at Symi.

• steventilly's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Travel Agent when booking?

by steventilly Online Now Mar 17, 2007 at 4:11 AM

I was just going to say that, but wife has been here before me!

• lisaemms's Profile Photo

Re: Travel Agent when booking?

by lisaemms Online Now Apr 18, 2007 at 7:11 AM

I travel to symi very often, my advise is bok independently find your own accommodation and make your own travel plans. Fly to Rhodes and take a ferry from there.

Because I go so often people often ask me about flights here is all the options.
    symiscrubbers.com/html/fligh...

I'm not a travel agent, just someone who travels this route very frequently.Symi is a wonderful place, have fun. Maybe I'll even see you there.
    Lisa

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines