Sydney Travel Answers

change location

by vickyjf44 Online Now Mar 20, 2013 at 1:30 PM

Hi,
We are planning a quick visit to Sydney after a cruiseship itinerary. Would like to know a good location to look for hotels, that can make our stay more productive.
Also how far are the wineries and are there any tours going there?
Your reply is appreciated

Quote & Answer
7 Answers
  • starship's Profile Photo

Re: Location

by starship Online Now Mar 20, 2013 at 3:14 PM

There are many good hotels in Sydney as well as many hostels. Not knowing from your question what your budget is, it's difficult to recommend something. However, if you wish to be in the popular historic area known as "The Rocks" you will be close to the Opera House, the famous bridge, museums, cafes, pubs, shopping, Sydney Harbor cruises, as well as Metro transportation. The CBD or Central Business District is good as well for a different prospective and attractions of the city. Sydney is quite expensive though bargains can be found for hotels and food.

There are several companies that tour the wine country (Hunter Valley), Blue Mountains, etc., as day trips. You can view more detailed info. on my Australia page if you wish.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • davidjo's Profile Photo

by davidjo Online Now Mar 20, 2013 at 3:18 PM

Most wine tours will take you to Hunter Valley. It is many years since i was on a wine tour so i canot remember the particular ones we visited but this link will help you.
    huntervalleywinetastingtours...

• lynnehamman's Profile Photo

by lynnehamman Online Now Mar 20, 2013 at 3:24 PM

Hi

What month will you be in Sydney, and what is your budget?
    The inner city hotels are expensive, but you could stay perhaps in North Sydney or even Manly, which is a ferry trip from the city. In other words, the further out of city, the cheape the accommodation. There is a very good transportation system in Sydney, so getting around will not be a problem,
    Let me know..... I live in Sydney and could investigate for you.
    The tours to Hunter Valley are full day tours.

1 member found this helpful

• peteyjim's Profile Photo

by peteyjim Online Now Mar 20, 2013 at 4:41 PM

The Hunter Valley wineries are roughly a 2 hour drive from the Sydney CBD. You should be able to find a tour bus that does day trips there. Hundreds of vineyards to choose from up there.

• Ozziegiraffe's Profile Photo

by Ozziegiraffe Online Now Mar 21, 2013 at 6:46 AM

If you go to the Hunter Valley, it would be worth it to plan to tay overnight, and dine at a restaurant somewhere nice.

• Re: Location

by vickyjf44 Online Now Mar 24, 2013 at 5:13 PM

THank you for all your knowledgable information.
    God wiling, we will be there Oct 20th, we are a retired couple, and would not want to spend over $300.00 per night on hotel ; will this budget get us a nice hotel on a safe area?
    Thank you all !

• lynnehamman's Profile Photo

by lynnehamman Online Now Mar 24, 2013 at 6:04 PM

You will find something under $300.00 per night. Look in Booking.com, just add in your dates.
    This site is also good:

expedia.com.au/Hotel-Search?...

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines