Sydney Travel Answers

change location
craic's Profile Photo

Ferries, buses etc

by craic Online Now Mar 3, 2013 at 7:14 AM

Hi - It's been years since I used public transport in Sydney and I was trying to bone up on it as I will be up there at the end of March. But I can't find a succinct explanation on line of how it integrates.
For instance if you travel by ferry do you have to buy a separate ticket?
Also as I am a senior I would like to take advantage of the cheaper fares.
Can someone help me get on top of how it works?
Thanks.

Quote & Answer
6 Answers
  • lynnehamman's Profile Photo

Re: Ferries, buses etc

by lynnehamman Online Now Mar 3, 2013 at 2:24 PM

Hi

This website should help

cityrail.info/tickets/which/...

If you show a seniors pass you will get discount anyway on trains, buses and ferries

2 members found this helpful

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • margsch's Profile Photo

by margsch Online Now Mar 3, 2013 at 3:03 PM

I did this only 2 weeks ago, the day pass I purchased at the airport together with the trainticket into the city. (Day passes don,t cover this route). You can also buy the pass at the main station. It cost $2.50 and was valid on all transport except the monorail.

1 member found this helpful

• margsch's Profile Photo

by margsch Online Now Mar 3, 2013 at 10:14 PM

I think you can also buy the Seniors Day ticket at 7/11 stores which are dotted everywhere. They are like small convenience stores. If you are using the Airport Mascot line into the city the ticket is reduced to $10 with Seniors card and they will also sell you a day pass as well. I had great fun, could use any bus, train, light rail, ferry, for the price it is a bargain.

Be the first to rate this answer!

• sirgaw's Profile Photo

by sirgaw Online Now Mar 4, 2013 at 3:29 AM

Craic, the $2.50 deal for us seniors is a beauty. We purchased ours (showing Vic seniors cards) at the ticket office of a rail station. Yes it also covers the ferries (NOT Captain Cook Ferries). I seem to think that buying from a ferry terminal in dearer than the rail station. Sorry can't comment on the 7/11 but for $2.50 it is a great deal - enjoy. (sorry - covers trains, buses as well as ferries)

• Mikebb's Profile Photo

by Mikebb Online Now Mar 5, 2013 at 2:46 AM

The $2:50 fare is all day ferries trains and buses if you have a Seniors card.
    I live in Perth and visited my brother in Woy Woy approx 90km from Sydney, in fact the $2:50 fare on that line works all the way up to Newcastle, just show your seniors card when buying ticket at ferry, train station or on the bus.

• craic's Profile Photo

by craic Online Now Mar 5, 2013 at 8:16 AM

I am going to Newcastle so thanks, that info helps.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines