Switzerland

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Titlis Rotair ticket v. day ski pass

Engelberg Nov 23, 2014 at 10:22 AM

We are travelling to Titlis next weekend and we see that the price of the day ski pass is lower than the price of the Engelberg-Titlis return ticket. The day ski pass says that it can be used on all lifts. However, we will not be skiing. Would we be able to get to the top of Titlis using the day ski pass and not skiing?

more
    • Travel to bayeux

Basel Nov 12, 2014 at 2:48 PM

Will end a river cruise in Basel will go to bayeux. I am looking for travel suggestions

more
    • 24 Hours kiosk/Shop in Niederdorf

Zürich Nov 8, 2014 at 7:14 PM

Dear all

Does anybody know if in the Niederdorf area there is a 24 hours Kiosk/Shop?

more
    • Basel airport to Viking cruise dock

Basel Nov 1, 2014 at 12:31 PM

We are arriving at the Basel airport and have to go to the Viking cruise dock. I understand there is a bus from the airport to the train station, and taxis from there. We will have luggage and that sounds complicated. How much is a taxi from the airport to the Viking dock? How long will it take?
      Thank you!

more
    • travelgirl214's Profile Photo

Best things to see/do in Geneva in 5 hours?

Geneva Nov 25, 2014 at 9:54 AM

We will be driving to Geneva to catch an evening flight in January. We'll have between 3-5 hours to explore. Any suggestions? (No cruises or tourist tours) Any cool attractions, places to eat, beautiful scenic areas?
      My husband is into science and history. How is the CERN? I'm more into the artsy stuff. Unique shops or collections in the area worth mentioning?

Thank you in advance for any advice/suggestions!

more
    • smasteve's Profile Photo

what to do

Gruyères Nov 24, 2014 at 7:14 AM

what are the main attractions?

more
    • taxi in basel

Basel Nov 17, 2014 at 5:46 AM

what is the distance and cost by taxi from sankt johann dock to basel sbb bahnof train station

more
    • shunra's Profile Photo

a holiday home in Saxon Switzerland

Saxon Nov 1, 2014 at 9:42 AM

Hello everybody,
      I am looking for a holiday home either in Saxon Switzerland or in Bohemian Switzerland.
      The home must be on a lakeshore, in a quiet and lonely place, with a possibility of fishing.
      Does somebody have any suggestions?
      Thanks in advance!

more
    • travelgirl214's Profile Photo

Best things to see/do in Geneva in 5 hours?

Geneva Nov 25, 2014 at 9:54 AM

We will be driving to Geneva to catch an evening flight in January. We'll have between 3-5 hours to explore. Any suggestions? (No cruises or tourist tours) Any cool attractions, places to eat, beautiful scenic areas?
      My husband is into science and history. How is the CERN? I'm more into the artsy stuff. Unique shops or collections in the area worth mentioning?

Thank you in advance for any advice/suggestions!

2 Answers Nov 25, 2014 at 2:19 PM
    • smasteve's Profile Photo

what to do

Gruyères Nov 24, 2014 at 7:14 AM

what are the main attractions?

3 Answers Nov 24, 2014 at 1:13 PM
    • Titlis Rotair ticket v. day ski pass

Engelberg Nov 23, 2014 at 10:22 AM

We are travelling to Titlis next weekend and we see that the price of the day ski pass is lower than the price of the Engelberg-Titlis return ticket. The day ski pass says that it can be used on all lifts. However, we will not be skiing. Would we be able to get to the top of Titlis using the day ski pass and not skiing?

1 Answer Nov 24, 2014 at 1:34 AM
    • taxi in basel

Basel Nov 17, 2014 at 5:46 AM

what is the distance and cost by taxi from sankt johann dock to basel sbb bahnof train station

4 Answers Nov 17, 2014 at 2:05 PM
    • Travel to bayeux

Basel Nov 12, 2014 at 2:48 PM

Will end a river cruise in Basel will go to bayeux. I am looking for travel suggestions

2 Answers Nov 12, 2014 at 8:15 PM
    • 24 Hours kiosk/Shop in Niederdorf

Zürich Nov 8, 2014 at 7:14 PM

Dear all

Does anybody know if in the Niederdorf area there is a 24 hours Kiosk/Shop?

2 Answers Nov 9, 2014 at 5:05 AM
    • Basel airport to Viking cruise dock

Basel Nov 1, 2014 at 12:31 PM

We are arriving at the Basel airport and have to go to the Viking cruise dock. I understand there is a bus from the airport to the train station, and taxis from there. We will have luggage and that sounds complicated. How much is a taxi from the airport to the Viking dock? How long will it take?
      Thank you!

2 Answers Nov 2, 2014 at 8:15 AM
    • shunra's Profile Photo

a holiday home in Saxon Switzerland

Saxon Nov 1, 2014 at 9:42 AM

Hello everybody,
      I am looking for a holiday home either in Saxon Switzerland or in Bohemian Switzerland.
      The home must be on a lakeshore, in a quiet and lonely place, with a possibility of fishing.
      Does somebody have any suggestions?
      Thanks in advance!

5 Answers Nov 1, 2014 at 11:07 PM
    • PyP10's Profile Photo

Travelling within Switzerland!

Switzerland Oct 27, 2014 at 12:05 PM

Hello everyone!

I am planning to have a 2.5 days trip in Switzerland. My plan is to reach Zurich (from Milan, Italy) on Thursday late night, spend the whole Friday in Zurich, go to Lucerne and spend the whole day there and get back to Zurich at late night. I will spend half day left in Zurich and go back to Milan on Sunday late afternoon.

I am just wondering whether I can buy a round trip train ticket from Zurich to Lucerne, and can I book it online? As I've checked on several websites and they only suggest me the Swiss passes, which are quite expensive. I also want to go to Mount Pilatus, could you please suggest me how should I get there from Lucerne centre?

If you had any experience of a day in Lucerne please advice me how should I plan it in a day time!

Thank you for spending time reading my question! I am really appreciated your suggestions.

Phoebe.

3 Answers Oct 27, 2014 at 6:11 PM
    • PyP10's Profile Photo

Advices needed for 3 day trips in Switzerland!!!

Switzerland Oct 26, 2014 at 12:24 PM

Hello everyone!

Thanks you you all for spending times reading my questions, and I am really appreciated if you can advise me what to do during my first trip in Switzerland!

I am planning to go to Switzerland on late November, from Thursday to Sunday. I will depart from Milan, Italy and I don't know where to start in Switzerland. I've searched a lot and get confused as all the top attractions are located all around Switzerland.

Please advice me where to start in Switzerland, which cities and attractions are the must for me during this trip. I am planning to arrived there on late Thursday evening, and go back to Milan on late Sunday afternoon/ evening.

Thank you so much for your help!

Phoebe.

7 Answers Oct 27, 2014 at 3:39 AM
    • what to do if your not a skier?

Grindelwald Oct 26, 2014 at 11:50 AM

hi we are in Grindelwald for Xmas with family who are experienced skiers. We are not! We are there for 6 days inc. Xmas day could you let us know what we could do? The railway journey through the mountain looks good? Any info wld be grateful. Thanks.

3 Answers Oct 30, 2014 at 11:20 AM
    • adin's Profile Photo

Zurich airport

Zürich Oct 25, 2014 at 7:49 AM

Will be landing in zurich airport at 21:50 just as "transfer" to the next flight on 22:45 to Israel. The inbound flight comes from Warsaw, Poland (schengen block) probably to the main part of the airport and the next flight will be leaving from gate E bulding which is not the same building as the main area of arrival. It is "transfer" with Swiss. I have Polish citizenship and passport. How EXACTLY should I go from the place of getting off board the first flight, to the place of E gates, in just 30 minutes? does anyone can explain it as I've never been in this airport (or Zurich) before?

9 Answers Oct 26, 2014 at 1:52 AM
    • Catholic mass

Kandersteg Oct 1, 2014 at 10:57 AM

I would like to know of a Catholic church close to Kenderstag that celebrates mass on Sundays (or week days).

Thanks,

Freddy

3 Answers Oct 2, 2014 at 7:09 AM
    • Metal music bar in Brig

Brig Sep 27, 2014 at 7:25 PM

Hello local advisers,

Last time I visited Brig I discovered a bar that was fun, but I've forgotten its name. I think its on the ground floor of a hotel near the main square. Metal music seems to be the theme, and at the time I visited last year you could smoke in there. Any idea where this place is?

Many thanks

Simon

• Lausanne-Geneva Boat Trip

Lausanne Sep 26, 2014 at 9:14 AM

Hello! Could you please advise on whether it is worth it to take a boat trip from Lausanne to Geneva? Is it beautiful? How long does it take? What are the prices? Thank you very much for your help!

1 Answer Sep 26, 2014 at 10:07 AM
    • Ways to get to Mt Titlis and Mt Pilatus in November

Lucerne Sep 25, 2014 at 9:45 PM

Hi... I know that the cable cars to Mt Titlis and Mt Pilatus will be close in November for maintainance. What are the alternatives way that I can get to the top of Mt Titlis and Mt Pilatus?

Thank You.

1 Answer Sep 26, 2014 at 5:56 AM
    • Sunday in Bern or Interlaken

Kanton Bern Sep 23, 2014 at 9:29 AM

Hi,

We are traveling with our 8 and 14 year olds next March to Lauterbrunnen from Paris by train on a Saturday. Given the schedules I was thinking it might be better to stop at Bern or Interlaken for the night as it will make for a long train day and put us in Lauterbrunnen late. The question is which would be preferable for Sunday (the next day) Bern or Interlaken as I understand there is not much open. Thoughts? Thanks.

1 Answer Sep 23, 2014 at 9:44 AM
    • keller4's Profile Photo

Train Change

Switzerland Sep 22, 2014 at 2:01 AM

We are taking TVG Lyria train from Interlaken West to Paris with a five minute stop at Basel. The ticket seems to show a different train number. Do we have to change trains or will it be the same train? It doesn't seem to be much time if we have to change and get our luggage.
      Maureen

8 Answers Sep 22, 2014 at 9:52 PM
    • rakeshbhandari's Profile Photo

Where should be base to explore Switzerland?

Switzerland Sep 20, 2014 at 10:02 PM

I am planning to visit Switzerland with my wife and 2 kids 15 yrs and 10 yrs old. I am planning for 5-6 nights.I would like to know where should I stay to cover major attractions of Switzerland Luceren/Zurich/Interlaken. Should I stay at one place of above or 2 nights at each place? Please also suggest which Rail Pass I should buy ?

14 Answers Sep 23, 2014 at 3:36 AM
    • Mita8888's Profile Photo

Clothes and shoes

Switzerland Sep 20, 2014 at 5:01 AM

Hi All,

I am going to Switzerland in the third week of October. Please tell me what type of clothes to carry.

Thanks in advance.

Mita

3 Answers Sep 28, 2014 at 10:44 AM
    • How many days should I stay in gimmelwald?

Gimmelwald Sep 18, 2014 at 3:47 AM

Hi folks, I am going to Gimmelwald in this coming days and decided to stay there for 3days. Is it enough or too much? Cheers.

4 Answers Sep 18, 2014 at 11:01 AM
    • GUYON's Profile Photo

Fete de l'Escalade

Geneva Sep 15, 2014 at 10:25 AM

We have planed a couple of days in Geneva from 12 to 14 December to attend the City fest. We wish to see the march of the Compagnie de 1602 and the exercice with the long pikes. I do not find any website supplying the program of the fest.
      Could you provide us this information or the address of the site ?
      Many thanks in advance

Nous avons organisé un court séjour à Genève du 12 au 14 décembre pour assister aux fêtes de la ville. Nous voulons surtout voir le défilé de la Compagnie de 1602 et leur manœuvre avec les longues piques. Je n'ai trouvé aucun programme des festivités ni aucun site qui le fournisse.
      Pourriez-vous nous communiquer cette information ou l'adresse d'un site dédié à cet événement ?
      Merci par avance.

1 Answer Sep 15, 2014 at 12:30 PM
    • Da Lugano a malpensa

Lugano Sep 13, 2014 at 9:06 AM

Da dove si parte da Lugano per malpensa in 3 Gennaio 2015 ?
      Ogni quanto?
      Quanto tempo si mette?
      Quanto costa il biglietto?

Grazie

5 Answers Sep 13, 2014 at 2:10 PM
    • TomS157's Profile Photo

Hiking in Autumn

Basel Sep 12, 2014 at 11:02 AM

Hi guys,
      I enjoy hiking in the upcoming season... this time im in Basel on November.
      What do you suggest to see/do/hike in the area on that time?
      Thanx :)

2 Answers Sep 12, 2014 at 3:05 PM
    • Zurich to Vienna

Zürich Sep 11, 2014 at 10:59 AM

Thinking about a 10 day trip over. How many days would you recommend to see Zurich, and then maybe head over to Munich or Vienna?

What would be the best way to travel? Is there high speed rail connections? Any idea of pricing? Thank you.

Andrew

6 Answers Sep 12, 2014 at 10:04 AM
    • luggage storage at station

Thun Sep 7, 2014 at 7:25 AM

is there a service that lets you store your suitcases at thun station for half a day?
      if so, is it safe and reliable?

3 Answers Sep 13, 2014 at 2:54 AM
    • train options

Basel Sep 6, 2014 at 10:36 PM

Hi, could anyone guide me please on the best type of rail pass to get from basel to fuessen Dec 2014, I will also be going on to salzburg and vienna the following week - do i get point to point? or bayern? it is just 1 pax. Also im going to be in salzburg xmas day and would like to join in a group activity or meet some others travelling solo?

7 Answers Oct 10, 2014 at 12:48 AM
    • Basel to Hannover, Germany

Basel Sep 6, 2014 at 2:50 AM

What would be the least costly way getting to Hannover? Any help would be appreciated

9 Answers Sep 7, 2014 at 3:14 AM
    • how to travel from zurich car sihlquai to zurich airport ?

Zürich Sep 5, 2014 at 1:54 PM

what is the best cheap way to go zurich airport ? except train :( bla bla car and car pooling don't go in weekends . I think the last option is mein fren bus but it doesn't goes to airport .So anybody please suggest me howcan i go from zurich car sihlquai to zurich airport ?

7 Answers Sep 6, 2014 at 3:24 AM
    • From Lucerne to Mt Rigi

Lucerne Sep 5, 2014 at 1:01 AM

Hi, can anyone advise if advance booking of tickets is required if i'm taking boat from Lucerne to Vitznau and then cogwheel train to Rigi Klum, coming down via Arthur Goldau station and then back to Lucerne station.

Many thanks!

1 Answer Sep 5, 2014 at 4:15 AM