Switzerland Travel Answers

change location
phingy's Profile Photo

Excursions from Zurich

by phingy Online Now Mar 15, 2013 at 8:18 AM

Hey guys,

I've been looking around online and saw that there are some tour groups offering packages for daily excursions to various mountain peaks in Swiss. I compared the prices and they are relatively cheaper as compared to me taking a train to a base town and then up to the peak itself.

Any comments on the reliability of these tours? What will happen should the weather condition turn unfavourable?

Appreciate any advice! THANK YOU!!

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • Re: Excursions from Zurich

by nob-in Online Now Mar 21, 2013 at 8:39 AM

Did you check standard fares for trains? Since in Switzerland there are plenty of ways to save money while traveling by train, most obviously is Supersaver tickets, which are like 60% discounted from the standard fare. Would suggest to read through this europetrainsguide.com/Countr... before totally abandoning the idea of traveling without a tour

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Odiseya's Profile Photo

Re: Excursions from Zurich

by Odiseya Online Now Mar 21, 2013 at 8:58 AM

Hi phingy,
    I dint use a tour groups offering packages for daily excursions and I cannot recommend any tourist agency but it seems to me a good way to reduce cost and time of traveling. I usual prefer to travel without guide but it is not always easy. Train station «Schloss Laufen» (from Winterthur direction to Neuhausen am Rheinfall/Schaffhausen) is also good option if you decide to go by train. There is short footpath to visitor center.
    I understand you worry about all this, I do too. It is a risk. I see you post the same question on Zürich page. You could contact Zürich tourist office.
    I wish you safe and interesting travel and looking forward to read your transportation tip.

• phingy's Profile Photo

by phingy Online Now Mar 22, 2013 at 4:50 AM

I've decided to go directly to Lauterbrunnen myself. I read some review on the day tours and it seems that they will go up to Jungfrau irregardless of the weather (foggy, cloudy). I think it would be a nice environment at the valley. Thanks guys!!

1 member found this helpful

• Re: Excursions from Zurich

by perrington Online Now Apr 13, 2013 at 3:25 AM

Hey, try these: premiumswitzerland.com/trave.... There's also guides to what to do in Zurich—restaurants, cafés, art galleries, family-oriented things, whatever you're looking for.

1 member found this helpful

• phingy's Profile Photo

by phingy Online Now Apr 13, 2013 at 8:01 PM

Thanks a lot guys! I did some changes to my itinerary and will probably have 1 night and the next full day in Zurich before my flight :)

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Switzerland Travel Answer Locations