Travel Answers
Swinoujscie

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• How is the opportunity for shopping and spa service here in Swinoujscie?

by AstridKristin Online Now Mar 2, 2014 at 11:17 AM

My boyfriend (swedish) and I (norwegian) are going to Świnoujście for 2 days in the easter-weakend.
      I wondering about the opportunities for shopping? What type of shops can i find, is there any markeds, what can I expect? How is the prices?
      We're never been in Polen before, so I'm gladly taking tips from you about all things we should try out and experience!
      And one more thing, have you tried any spa service? Is it worth trying?:)
      Hope for some answers:))

3 Answers Mar 2, 2014 at 12:24 PM
    • The centrum ferry

by youngs20 Online Now Feb 1, 2011 at 9:05 AM

Is the Centrum ferry still only available to local people in cars? Will we be able to use this ferry with our camper van registered in the UK?

Thanks

Andrew
      Bristol UK

2 Answers Feb 2, 2011 at 9:13 AM
    • transport to Bad Doberan

by AsaBrugardKonde Online Now Feb 20, 2010 at 8:30 AM

How can you travel from Swinoujscie to Bad Doberan in Germany?

3 Answers Mar 6, 2010 at 12:48 PM
    • christine.j's Profile Photo

Why are there no tourists allowed on the main ferry?

by christine.j Online Now May 6, 2008 at 4:00 AM

When Poland joined the Schengen area, the border between the German and the Polish part of the island of Usedom was opened for traffic, making travelling there much easier. We had planned to go to the Bison park and the Museum of Nature, then on to Kamien Pomorski, had got some Zloty, a good map of Swinoujscie and left early. It was easy to follow the signs towards the ferry, but when it was our turn,a young employee walked up to us and told us we couldn't take the ferry. I quote: "You cannot take this ship,it is for people from this city only".
      So we went back to the German part of the island and saw the bisons in the much smaller park there.

Is this ferry off-limits for tourist all the time? Or was it because we were early and it was still rush hour for the many commuters? We didn't see any signs except the main ones, leading us to the ferry.
      Does anybody know?

11 Answers May 8, 2008 at 1:49 AM
    • christine.j's Profile Photo

How to get to the Park with Europeans Bisons?

by christine.j Online Now Jan 6, 2008 at 1:28 PM

I read about a park with a breeding programm of European bisons on the island of Wolin, near Swinoujscie, and would like to go there. We'll be staying on the German part of Usedom and can't take the car into the Polish part,as the border is for pedestrians only.So unless this has changed with Poland being a Schengen state , we have to take public transportation to the bison park. Is there a bus taking tourists to the park? Or should we take a taxi?
      Again, thank you for any information.

2 Answers Jan 8, 2008 at 3:24 AM