Sweden Travel Answers

change location
Jousy's Profile Photo

Swedish Lapland and Poland

by Jousy Online Now Mar 13, 2013 at 6:11 PM

I am intending to visit Sweden in early May. Came across Swedish Lapland which seems very interesting. Is there any good to go in the month of first week of may?

I am also considering either heading to either Poland or Denmark for a few days. Which country will be more recommended for sight seeing, in early may?

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • akkipaa's Profile Photo

Re: Swedish Lapland and Poland

by akkipaa Online Now Mar 13, 2013 at 7:20 PM

It depends what you are after. To me, as a Finn, 1st week of May is perfect to skii and have other outdoor activities, there are still snow in North but it starts to be "warm". I am just traveling now and at home on the weekend, so if you specify your wishes, I can answer more.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • evaanna's Profile Photo

by evaanna Online Now Mar 14, 2013 at 3:37 AM

I think it may still be very cold in Lapland in early May, with snow lying around and the roads icy, esp. at night and in the morning. As for Poland and Denmark, I think both countries would be suitable for sightseeing in early May. Just remember that 1 - 3 May is a holiday in Poland with shops, banks etc. closed and lots of traffic on the roads. But the rest of May should be OK. I wouldn't go to the mountains though as there may still be some snow there and lots of mud on the trails.

• akkipaa's Profile Photo

by akkipaa Online Now Mar 15, 2013 at 10:49 PM

Hmm. the OP hasn't pop-up here after she made her question. So, let's wait she comes and clarifies. EvaAnna, I understood that she has some target to be in Lappland, and knows that there is snow. I almost had an idea that that's the reason to come in L. Remember, May is beginning of sprint and one (from Singapore e.g.) can say that there is always cold in Lapland (and Swe, Pol and Fin :)

• evaanna's Profile Photo

by evaanna Online Now Mar 16, 2013 at 4:03 AM

The weather in Poland in May can actually vary from cold (but snow, if any, only in the mountains) to very warm and sunny. It's hard to predict but it will certainly be much warmer than in Lapland.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Sweden Travel Answer Locations