Swaziland Travel Answers

change location

Swaziland Visa Requirements

by themask Online Now Jul 7, 2011 at 11:10 PM

I am a philippine national that will visit Swaziland for a 2 months business trip.

There is limited information for Visa requirements for Philippine nationals. Can anyone give an information on how to secure a visa? We have an office in South Africa, is it possible to apply for visa in Souht Africa? Can I apply it on the boarder. Appreciate your reply.

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • mehulraj's Profile Photo

Re: Swaziland Visa Requirements

by mehulraj Online Now Jul 7, 2011 at 11:49 PM

Swaziland Business Visa
    A valid passport, with at least 6 months validity remaining
    Two application forms, fully completed and signed
    Two passport type photographs

A letter from the company (on company letterhead) stating the purpose and duration of the trip and guaranteeing financial support for the visit
    A letter of invitation from the host company in Swaziland
    Onward/return ticket or confirmed itinerary
    Other Information
    Please call ETS for latest updates and questions.
    Please note: The embassy/consulate may request additional paperwork as deemed necessary

i hope its lil help to u

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • nhoolb's Profile Photo

by nhoolb Online Now Jul 7, 2011 at 11:52 PM

From the TIM (the IATA Travel Information Manual):

/ 08JUL11 / 0745 UTC

National Philippines (PH) /Embarkation South Africa (ZA)
    Destination Swaziland (SZ)

Swaziland (SZ)

Passport required.
    - Passport and/or passport replacing documents must be valid
    on arrival.

Visa required.

Additional Information:

- All visitors must hold onward or return tickets and all documents required for their next destination and sufficient funds to cover their stay.

• CatherineReichardt's Profile Photo

by CatherineReichardt Online Now Jul 8, 2011 at 12:19 AM

Hi
    As stated above, yes, you will require a business visa for Swaziland, but I think that by far the most practical solution would be to get it through your South African office. There is a Swazi Embassy in Pretoria and a Consulate in Johannesburg, so the latter is probably more convenient for you.

Swaziland Consulate , South Africa
    Forum 7, Braampark
    33 Hoofd Street
    Braamfontein
    Johannesburg
    Phone:
    +27-11-403-2050
    +27-11-403-2026
    Fax:
    +27-11-403-7473
    Email:
    info@swazihighcom.co.za

Just bear in mind that they will need to physically have your passport to issue the visa, so you will probably have to courier this. First prize would be if your office could organise the Lesotho visa whilst they have your passport.
    Obviously this route means that you need a reasonable amount of lead in time to cover the periods required for couriering as well as visa issue.
    Just one word of warning about Swaziland. It is generally a peaceful, sleepy sort of place, but it is the last absolute monarchy in Africa, and the King has been under increasing pressure from civil society to transform the way the country is governed in the wake of the political changes in the Middle East. There have been a few demonstrations, and although the King has managed to hold on to power, he has only been able to do so through a police and military crackdown and further curtailing of press freedom. Thus, the authorities are probably going to be stricter on issues such as the granting of visas, and I would be particularly cautious if your job has anything to do with the media or civil society.
    Regards
    Cathy

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Swaziland Travel Answer Locations