Swaziland Travel Answers

change location

Is it very poor

by queenzone Online Now Sep 3, 2002 at 6:04 AM

What kind of life do the people have there?

Quote & Answer
7 Answers
  • erollet's Profile Photo

Re: Is it very poor

by erollet Online Now Sep 3, 2002 at 7:36 AM

I've been there 2 years ago, but only for a few days, crossing Swaziland from north to south. It's not that poor and definitly cheaper and safier than south africa. I've found great pieces of art on a market there. Have a good trip.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Is it very poor

by sarahkathryn Online Now Sep 3, 2002 at 9:35 AM

Not at all!! Generally people have a much higher standard of living than in other European countries. Wages are much higher than those in other parts of Europe, but so are prices. The only people who do lose out are assylum seekers, immigrants etc who can't access the well payed jobs but have to pay Swiss prices for everything.

• Re: Is it very poor

by sarahkathryn Online Now Sep 3, 2002 at 9:36 AM

Big appologies!! Ignore that post, misread the title and thought it said Switzerland! Sorry again!

• ATLC's Profile Photo

Re: Is it very poor

by ATLC Online Now Sep 3, 2002 at 3:17 PM

Queenzone wrote: What kind of life do the people have there? IMHO a better life than South Africa. I have a small page about Swaziland if you'd care to read my views. The women are more self-assured than the South -African women. Probably because Swaziland is a kingdom and never was a colony nor did they have apartheid. Of course they are poor in our view and have many of the problems that are general in Africa. But I found it quite different from South-Africa. I ate the best food there during my South-Africa trip. Better even than Sun City. It could measure with any European standard. Of course this says nothing about the poverty of the country. Of that I am conscious.

• kenHuocj's Profile Photo

Re: Re: Is it very poor

by kenHuocj Online Now Sep 10, 2002 at 11:54 AM

No, is coexists with South Africa and Mocambique, generally a lean and quiet country concerned with it's own welfare. Being a Morarchym has ineternal democratic struggls for power. Safe to travel and interesting places to visit. I do have a swaziland page virtualtourist.com/m/2dae8/f...

• geck0grrl's Profile Photo

by geck0grrl Online Now Jun 15, 2003 at 3:41 AM

Swiss prices? In Swaziland?!?! Best check your map!

• kenHuocj's Profile Photo

by kenHuocj Online Now Jun 15, 2003 at 4:43 AM

not the King, he has just traded in his executive jet for a newer model; and his subjects rae not in a position to do much. Imgaine the Sustainable training that could have been done, yet materialistic trappings are a SCOURGE to Southern nations Sai Ram ;-(((

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Swaziland Travel Answer Locations