Swansea

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• fancy dress

by laurajohn Online Now Mar 27, 2014 at 8:05 AM

for my daughters 21st she wants a nite out in Swansea with her mates wearing pyjamas/nitewear of some sort so would it being a problem going into pubs & clubs dressed like that?

more
    • fancy dress

by laurajohn Online Now Mar 27, 2014 at 8:05 AM

for my daughters 21st she wants a nite out in Swansea with her mates wearing pyjamas/nitewear of some sort so would it being a problem going into pubs & clubs dressed like that?

2 Answers Mar 27, 2014 at 12:14 PM
    • charlesracine's Profile Photo

Llandeilo, South Wales north of Swansea by rail or the M4 & A483

by charlesracine Online Now Jan 12, 2014 at 8:25 AM

Accommodations recommendations, good pubs, restaurants and all comments appreciated. Has anyone been to Llandeilo and is there a taxi service? What is there to see and do in this small village? We are going there, by train from London Paddington via Swansea, likely in August. Can anyone recommend a hotel and a genealogy researcher as my ancestors came from Llandeilo on the river Towy? Their surnames are Pulker and Peacock.

Sorry, I would have posted this under Llandeilo not Swansea but, VT doesn't know this location though it is shown on the VT map.

All comments are greatly appreciated. Thanks, Chuck

7 Answers Jan 14, 2014 at 11:04 AM
    • Flat to Rent

by A.G Online Now Sep 27, 2013 at 2:38 PM

Hi - I am moving to Swansea by Jan 2014 and will stay for long time because i received a job offer there. Do you have or can recommend a proper flat to rent?

4 Answers Sep 28, 2013 at 2:12 AM
    • tedmac's Profile Photo

Cliff top Italian restaurant

by tedmac Online Now Aug 21, 2009 at 12:51 PM

A couple of years ago a friend took me to an Italian restaurant in Swansea that was overlooking the bay and it was high up. But I cannot for the life of me remember the name of it. I do remember the salt and pepper seabass was amazing.Anybody any ideas ? If its any help the road to it was winding down a hill and reportedly went past Catherine Zeta Jones's house !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Or he could have been winding me up ? Any help gratefully received thanks Roverbhoy

2 Answers Aug 21, 2009 at 1:33 PM
    • rubenpurcell's Profile Photo

place to live

by rubenpurcell Online Now Aug 26, 2007 at 10:11 PM

Hi I'm going to th e university of Swansea ...were are the best places to live for a student, were should i look?

2 Answers Aug 27, 2007 at 11:42 AM
    • Wloczykij's Profile Photo

moving to Swansea

by Wloczykij Online Now Aug 5, 2007 at 1:49 PM

I'm moving to your lovely ugly city in two weeks. Do you have any advice what to expect, where to go, what to take? I have many questions e.g. where should I go to set up internet access. what should I know about buses etc.

regards and thanx in advance for replies
      Ania

8 Answers Oct 8, 2007 at 11:28 AM
    • Cenoteazul's Profile Photo

Bachelorette Party?!

by Cenoteazul Online Now Jul 20, 2007 at 9:15 AM

Hello,

My daughter is getting married in early August in a town called Llanddowror, the home town of her fiance. She thinks it's going to be only her father and I going. We are from the US and have never been to Wales.

She has no idea yet, but I have arranged for 4 of her best friends to surprise her and meet us there!!

The problem? We want to have a fun bachelorette party, but I have NO idea what to plan or where we might go for some action. We would like to be in a bar or club with lots of people.

Is Swansea the best place? How far away is it from Llanddowror?

The other problem? It's going to have to take place on the first MONDAY night in August! Not the best night of the week for a party - but it has to be that way.

Can anyone give me some ideas of where to go? Thanks so much!

5 Answers Jul 21, 2007 at 9:48 AM
    • Need your help

by a4mduc Online Now Jun 5, 2007 at 4:38 AM

Need your kink help

Please tell me the telephone number of Hing Sing restaurant at 110 Swansea road (Swansea). (I called 01792 872648 but it's wrong).
      Thank you so much for your help.

1 Answer Jun 5, 2007 at 10:22 AM
    • rubenpurcell's Profile Photo

Cost of living

by rubenpurcell Online Now Mar 5, 2007 at 11:07 AM

Hi I'm traveling on july has an postgraduate student and I jus want to know a estimate of how much you can spend in a month covering all your spences, I just want to see if i made a good budget.

1 Answer Apr 28, 2007 at 9:59 PM
    • Cheap accommodation in Swansea

by vlassyk Online Now Aug 26, 2006 at 10:24 AM

Hi. I am looking for some cheap accommodation in Swansea for one person, about 15-20 quid, if it is possible, for one month in autumn. Could you advise me, please, where can I find it? I have looked for it everywhere in internet, but I have not found it yet. Thank you very much.

1 Answer Aug 26, 2006 at 1:41 PM
    • coaches

by emouse Online Now Aug 22, 2006 at 12:39 AM

I want to know if you have some experience with http://www.megabus.com/uk/
      I would like to visit UK in September and I am finding the cheapest travelling from London to Swansea.
      Regards, Eva Sýkorová

2 Answers Aug 29, 2006 at 12:13 AM
    • christine.j's Profile Photo

Bus station in Swansea

by christine.j Online Now Jul 30, 2006 at 6:51 AM

Is the Central Bus Station the same as the Quadrant Bus Station? I came across both names in time tables.

4 Answers Jul 31, 2006 at 1:35 AM
    • need help

by ame23 Online Now Jun 14, 2005 at 2:42 PM

Hi
      I'm looking for double room for let in swansea or port talbot. If uoy can help me please write some telephone numbers where i would call for room. Tkanks
      anna

• halikowski's Profile Photo

accomodation

by halikowski Online Now Jan 24, 2005 at 3:41 AM

Any ideas where to come and stay for three nights in MArch with girlfriend? Somewhere cheap, but not grotty. A B & B, preferably in Mumbles or somewhere nice (is UPlands nice?) Thanks STefan

2 Answers Feb 11, 2005 at 8:03 AM
    • sand.storm's Profile Photo

cost of living in Swansea

by sand.storm Online Now Jan 11, 2004 at 10:32 AM

Hello VT! I wanted to know about the cost of living in Swansea. I'm planning to study there for a couple of months (in residence)and I wanted to know roughly, how expensive is it for food, transportation, movies, sports, books & magazines, etc. Mind you, i don't drink so my costs will be definitely lower than the average tourist =DDD only serious people: please email me at a_elhaki@alcor.concordia.ca thx! Dina

3 Answers Jan 14, 2004 at 6:42 AM