Swansea Travel Answers

change location
rubenpurcell's Profile Photo

place to live

by rubenpurcell Online Now Aug 26, 2007 at 10:11 PM

Hi I'm going to th e university of Swansea ...were are the best places to live for a student, were should i look?

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • leics's Profile Photo

Re: place to live

by leics Online Now Aug 26, 2007 at 11:32 PM

You should contact the University accommodation office as soon as possible. They will be able to advise you on what student accommodation is available (I assume you are doing a postgraduate course?) and what parts of Swansea will give you the best access to the university, if you need privately-rented accommodation. They will also have a list of approved landlords/rented flats etc. I am sure they will be very helpful.

All their contact details are on this page:

www.swan.ac.uk/accommodation

The Swansea Students' Union (you will automatically be a member) can also offer helpful advice and guidance on housing, as well as all sorts of other issues. They run their own letting (rental) agency: see button bottom left of this page:

swansea-union.co.uk/index.ph...

The Union contact details are on this page:

swansea-union.co.uk/index.ph...

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • dave.richards's Profile Photo

Re: place to live

by dave.richards Online Now Aug 27, 2007 at 11:42 AM

I agree with Leics. Contact the accomodation office asap. Best places, which will be the first to go are in Brynmill and Sketty. Both are within walking distance.
    Further out from the campus is the city centre itself (in the heart of the night life), Mumbles (middle class area with great bars), West Cross (close to the campus and a short bus ride into the centre) and Townhill (cheap last resort accomodation - and that's being kind to the area).

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines