Swansea Travel Answers

change location
Cenoteazul's Profile Photo

Bachelorette Party?!

by Cenoteazul Online Now Jul 20, 2007 at 9:15 AM

Hello,

My daughter is getting married in early August in a town called Llanddowror, the home town of her fiance. She thinks it's going to be only her father and I going. We are from the US and have never been to Wales.

She has no idea yet, but I have arranged for 4 of her best friends to surprise her and meet us there!!

The problem? We want to have a fun bachelorette party, but I have NO idea what to plan or where we might go for some action. We would like to be in a bar or club with lots of people.

Is Swansea the best place? How far away is it from Llanddowror?

The other problem? It's going to have to take place on the first MONDAY night in August! Not the best night of the week for a party - but it has to be that way.

Can anyone give me some ideas of where to go? Thanks so much!

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • leics's Profile Photo

Re: Bachelorette Party?!

by leics Online Now Jul 20, 2007 at 10:18 AM

Llanddowror is a small village, rather than a town (800 or so inhabitants in 2001).

Putting the name into www.multimap.com will give you a pretty good idea of the surrounding area (with zoomable maps); it's very pretty, but rather empty. The nearest biggish town is Carmarthen, about 11 miles away. Swansea is 37 or so miles, taking around 50 minutes to drive (depending on traffic/weather conditions).

It will cost a lot to get a taxi to Swansea so (assuming you are intending to drink alcohol at your gathering) I suggest you aim for Carmarthen instead, which will be a bit less (tho not cheap). Unless someone more local can come up with a good country pub/restaurant? There may be somewhere nearer (e.g. Laugharne, home of Dylan Thomas, or possibly Tenby, a seaside-y sort of place)

You might find some useful info on www.visitwales.com or www.virtualtenby.co.uk.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Cenoteazul's Profile Photo

by Cenoteazul Online Now Jul 20, 2007 at 12:27 PM

Thank you so much for your response. Yes, I have already informed my husband that he will be dropping us off and picking us up wherever we decide to go - so the transportation/drinking part of the equation has been taken care of! The most important thing is "where"!

• film's Profile Photo

by film Online Now Jul 20, 2007 at 4:42 PM

moremusic.co.uk/swansea/swan...

There are some links to club websites on this site, but you really need local knowledge.

Batchelorette is an American word. We can work out what it means but normally a Batchelor Party is called a Stag night and Batchelorette Party is call a Hen night. A few searches of Hen Party Swansea will bring up some possibilities...but on a Monday?

• 43beckos's Profile Photo

by 43beckos Online Now Jul 21, 2007 at 3:01 AM

Try having a look on this site for ideas

welshwales.co.uk/nightlife-r...

Good luck organinsing a hen night in Swansea on a Monday

• Cenoteazul's Profile Photo

by Cenoteazul Online Now Jul 21, 2007 at 9:48 AM

Hen Night, huh? Doesn't really create a fun mental image, does it? At least Stag Night sounds fun!

Hen Night. Well, I learned something new. Thanks.

And thanks for the web links. It has helped. I now know the Monday is the absolute worst night possible to have this party! :( Oh well. I have no choice.

This ought to be interesting. We have light-up sunglasses and boas and all sorts of crazy gimmicky things to wear. I can see us now, walking into some dead nightclub dressed up like a group of Elton John wannabees! Lol!

All I need is ONE place full of people on a Monday night. Help?? Anyone??

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines