Swansea Travel Answers

change location
christine.j's Profile Photo

Bus station in Swansea

by christine.j Online Now Jul 30, 2006 at 6:51 AM

Is the Central Bus Station the same as the Quadrant Bus Station? I came across both names in time tables.

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • HORSCHECK's Profile Photo

RE: Bus station in Swansea

by HORSCHECK Online Now Jul 30, 2006 at 7:40 AM

Hiya,

I once stayed a couple of days in Swansea and explored the Gower-peninsula from there by bus. To be honest, I can't remember that there are two bus stations, so it must be the same. But I can't guarntee.

I hope this helps

HORSCHECK

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • pattypoo's Profile Photo

by pattypoo Online Now Jul 30, 2006 at 12:39 PM

Hi Christine.
    I live 9 miles from Cardiff the capital of Wales and our bus station there is known as Cardiff Central Bus station, have you got this mixed up with the Swansea bus station, anyway Swansea is about 60 minutes from Cardiff by bus.
    Pattypoo

• aaaarrgh's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Bus station in Swansea

by aaaarrgh Online Now Jul 30, 2006 at 4:16 PM

Yes, christine, the Quadrant Bus Station is Swansea's main bus station, next to the Quadrant Shopping Centre in the middle of the city.

By the time you get here, you will be an expert on Wales' public transport system ;-)

• christine.j's Profile Photo

by christine.j Online Now Jul 31, 2006 at 1:35 AM

Thank you for your help. Lonely Planet Wales calls the bus station Central Bus Station, the Rough Guide just says Bus Station and Stagecoach give the name as Quadrant Bus Station. If they're all one and the same, it's a lot easier for me.
    Sean, I'm far from becoming an expert on public transport in Wales, I'm still very much confused. It seems each route is being served by a different bus company, 66 coaches, stagecoach, Herefordshire bus company etc. I'm going to get the Flexipass, which is valid on all busses, so if I get into a wrong one by mistake, at least I'll have a valid ticket.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines