Swansea Travel Answers

change location
sand.storm's Profile Photo

cost of living in Swansea

by sand.storm Online Now Jan 11, 2004 at 10:32 AM

Hello VT! I wanted to know about the cost of living in Swansea. I'm planning to study there for a couple of months (in residence)and I wanted to know roughly, how expensive is it for food, transportation, movies, sports, books & magazines, etc. Mind you, i don't drink so my costs will be definitely lower than the average tourist =DDD only serious people: please email me at a_elhaki@alcor.concordia.ca thx! Dina

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • joecooper's Profile Photo

Re: cost of living in Swansea

by joecooper Online Now Jan 11, 2004 at 10:35 AM

Swansea will be cheap compared to the rest of the country. A meal will be about 5 quid or less, buses should be OK, movies are about 5-6 quid, books etc. it depends on which ones! Magazines about 2-4 quid. Joe

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Del.'s Profile Photo

by Del. Online Now Jan 13, 2004 at 7:59 AM

Hey there, I'm living in Cardiff and it's pretty cheap here. The cinemas here are £3 during the week. It basically will depend on where you want to go. If you want cheap food then good to the local tesco supermarket which can be very cheap depending on the food you buy. To use a bus here costs between 75 and 95 pence. I presume Swansea will be cheaper because Cardiff is the capital.

• sand.storm's Profile Photo

by sand.storm Online Now Jan 14, 2004 at 6:42 AM

Thank you for your info! It's just what I was looking for--local prices, stuff that I'll use and etc...I hope to go! and see u all :)

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines