Swakopmund Travel Answers

change location
janiebaxter's Profile Photo

Weather in November

by janiebaxter Online Now Nov 5, 2008 at 1:23 PM

I am visiting Swakopmund end November - Cape Cross and Kayaking in Pelican Point. I have heard it is cold which I am really surprised about - is this true? Does anybody know the best clothes to wear for the Kayaking? I was going to wear swimwear but if its cold I think I will wrap up.

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • carteki's Profile Photo

Re: Weather in November

by carteki Online Now Nov 5, 2008 at 6:06 PM

The weather should be quite warm, but the water will still be chilly +- 10'C. This is probably why they mentioned that it was cold. If you are going Kayaking with a tour company why not contact them and ask them what will be needed?
    Have fun
    Kim

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • MichaelDovey's Profile Photo

by MichaelDovey Online Now Nov 5, 2008 at 10:19 PM

The weather will be hot, but your current in the Atlantic Ocean is cold, so your sea is colder than the Indian Ocean. I would check with the company arranging the Kayaking as to what to wear. You outside temperature will be at least 30 degrees...Swakopmund is in the Namib DDesert...Really beautiful,and you will have a great time

• Gili_S's Profile Photo

by Gili_S Online Now Nov 6, 2008 at 4:53 AM

Temperatures were comfy during the day even in the mid winter (June) so you shouldn't be really cold. Just take something warm to put over if needed, by the sea it is always colder and nights are much colder in desert conditions. One thing for sure, it is fantastic country for a holiday. I can't wait to go back.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Swakopmund Travel Answer Locations