I am going to Sweden in July this year and unfortunately don't have time to walk the whole Kungsleden walk. It sounds an amazing area though so would like to go there for at least 2 or 3 days. Are there any day walks in the park that give a good idea of the character/flora/fauna that make a long train trip from Stockholm worthwhile?
My wife and I are experienced backpacker. We are planning a week long backpacking trip to hike Kungsleden trail between the north section of Abisko and Nikkaluokta. The time should be around May 18, 2014 to May 24. We will carry all the camping gears.
I know the transportation could be a problem during that time. I would appreciate if anyone can help me with the following questions.
1. I heard there won’t be bus between Kiruna and Nikkaluokta at that time. If our hike finishes at Nikkaluokta, is there a way we can get back to Kiruna Airport?
2. Is there any bus between Kiruna and Abisko during that time? Schedule?
3. Is there any taxi between Kiruna and Nikkaluokta? How about the cost?
4. Do you think if it makes sense to ride a taxi from Kiruna to Nikkaluokta, then hike north to Abisko, then ride a bus (see question #2) to Kiruna airport?
5. If we want to hike Kebnekaise, what will be the condition during that time.
6. If we want to hike Kebnekaise, I assume I have to bring microspike as the hut will be closed at that time and I won't be able to rent crampon? Are snowshoes necessary?
Thank you very much and I appreciate your help.
VirtualTourist®© 1994-2014 VirtualTourist.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.Back to Top
|All reports are strictly confidential. Please explain why you are reporting this:|