I´ll fly to Longyearbyen for 3 weeks in August.
1. I´ll stay at Longyearbyen Camping most of the time. What´s to do nearby???
2. I´m flying in at 1.25 i the night and out at 5.05 in the morning. Is there any posibility to sleep in the airport and save two days camping fee???
3. How big is the realistic chance to have a "polar-bear-meeting"?? Everybody warns but if someone asks about bear-watching I allways get the answer: Bad times during the summer months...
4. I think the information that there is an ATM in Longyearbyen acepting Maestro is still up to date, isn´t it??
5. I´ve read everything is expensive in Svalbard exept alcohol and Cigarettes, so what´s for example the price for a) one bottle of the cheepest beer b) one packet cigarettes and c) one litre of milk???
6. Anyone else up there in august???