Suzhou

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Bus from Nanning to Suzhou

by Firion13 Online Now Apr 14, 2014 at 10:14 AM

Is there any bus from Nanning to Suzhou?

2 Answers Apr 14, 2014 at 11:05 PM
    • Restaurant with western Sunday brunch

by cvcorp Online Now Jan 18, 2014 at 4:49 PM

Any suggestions for a restaurant serving great Sunday brunch with freshly brewed coffee?

1 Answer Jan 18, 2014 at 7:25 PM
    • Play table tennis

by Yilanxin Online Now Nov 8, 2013 at 2:01 PM

I am in Suzhou for 2 weeks in March 2014 and I want to have table tennis training can somebody help me to found some places???? Thank's!!!

1 Answer Nov 9, 2013 at 6:14 AM
    • buy english books

by tangkk Online Now Jul 16, 2013 at 3:30 AM

where to buy english books in suzhou around suzhou industrial park?

1 Answer Jul 16, 2013 at 7:20 PM
    • harry's bar

by tangkk Online Now Jun 22, 2013 at 6:10 PM

where is the former harry's bar in suzhou previously at lin dun road now?

2 Answers Jul 16, 2013 at 3:29 AM
    • How long?

by clown2324 Online Now Jun 6, 2013 at 7:12 AM

How long does it takes to get to suzhou from xinjiang?

4 Answers Jun 7, 2013 at 6:45 AM
    • gilbertSGD's Profile Photo

banks in suzhou

by gilbertSGD Online Now Dec 6, 2011 at 8:38 AM

what banks are there in suzhou that i can open an account with

3 Answers Jan 10, 2012 at 7:23 AM
    • gilbertSGD's Profile Photo

Weather

by gilbertSGD Online Now Dec 4, 2011 at 11:35 PM

Hi i will be in suzhou from january for a business trip.. What will the weather be like then? what kind of clothing should i bring ? is there a need for winter jackets ? thanks alot

3 Answers Dec 5, 2011 at 10:49 PM
    • Suzhou Grand Canal Cruise

by tansteven22 Online Now Nov 8, 2011 at 6:26 PM

Hi, I would appreciate it if someone can help me in this. My family will be in Suzhou next week and we would like to take the Grand Canal Cruise. I have been reading postings from various sites and this makes me confused. Some recommended to take the cruise in front of Tiger Hill. Others said that cruise starts at Shuishang Lvyou Wharf. But I could not find the location of Shuishang Lvyou Wharf on the Suzhou map. Yet another site advises that "guests should purchase tickets at the port beside Renmin Bridge within the central urban space of Suzhou. the value is CNY35 per person, and therefore the cruise lasts for concerning eighty minutes".

Any advise on exact location to take the cruise is most appreciated.

2 Answers Nov 28, 2011 at 4:15 AM
    • KaterinaJordan's Profile Photo

Side (daily trips) from Shanghai

by KaterinaJordan Online Now Sep 14, 2011 at 7:51 AM

Hi all,

We are planning to visit Shanghai on March 2012 and stay for 9 days there.

Our plans for side trips is to spend 2 days. We are interesting to visit "water towns", see picturesque canals, old houses and gardens, take a boat ride etc.

A draft plan is one day to Hangzhou and the other one to Suzhou.

What are your proposals?

I read that Zhanghzou is a tourist trap. What other villages can be combined with Suzhou and how we can go fm Suzhou there?
      What is your opinion about Tongli, Nanxun?

Also is it cheaper to buy silk fm these towns than in Shanghai?

3 Answers Jan 10, 2012 at 7:42 AM
    • Recommendation for Tour Guide in Suzhou

by gordwal Online Now Mar 13, 2011 at 7:14 AM

Can anyone recommend an English speaking guide who can provide a tour of Suzhou, Tongli, and other special places in that area?

5 Answers Jan 12, 2012 at 10:27 AM
    • Living in Shanghai and Working in Suzhou (or the other way around!)

by Boabsy Online Now Mar 5, 2010 at 2:21 AM

Hi - I've seen some old threads about this but I was after some more up to date info. My fiance's job is moving to Shanghai in July. I've been offered 2 jobs at international high schools - one in Suzhou and one in Wuxi. Is the daily commute either way possible??

2 Answers Mar 29, 2010 at 12:30 AM
    • gkitzmil's Profile Photo

Irish Bar?

by gkitzmil Online Now Feb 16, 2010 at 1:14 PM

I will be in Suzhou one night and I see there was once an Irish Bar. I have been to one in Shanghai. Is there still one in Suzhou?

1 Answer Feb 16, 2010 at 3:16 PM
    • Good Jade

by tkghill Online Now Feb 7, 2010 at 4:28 PM

How do you tell if jade is good quality?

3 Answers Feb 8, 2010 at 4:24 AM
    • cavalulu's Profile Photo

From train station to bus terminal for zhang jia gang

by cavalulu Online Now Nov 16, 2009 at 11:34 PM

Is the journey from the train station (we are coming in from Beijing) to the bus terminal (we are traveling to Zhang jia gang) far?
      What is the frequency like for buses to Zhang jia gang?
      If we have just the morning to afternoon, what is the suggestion to cover very briefly before moving on?

2 Answers Dec 23, 2009 at 1:18 PM
    • Fastest train from Shanghai to Suzhou and Nanjing

by chayboon Online Now Oct 20, 2009 at 6:57 PM

Hi,

Am planning to visit Shanghai over the Xmas/New Year period. Want to make day trips to Suzhou and Nanjing on separate days of course. Can someone tell me what is the fastest train to both these cities? I read somewhere in this forum that there is a train service to Nanjing that takes under 2 hours but I am unable to find that on any train timetable. Thanks.

7 Answers Jun 28, 2010 at 12:10 PM
    • Tongli instead of Souzhou

by carlos40 Online Now Sep 6, 2009 at 11:06 AM

Hi, in October I want to go by night train from Beijing to Souzhou and than take a morning bus to Tongli, where I want to stay 2 or max. 3 nights. I expect Tongli to be a little bit smaller than Souzhou, which I would prefer, because after Tongli I will continue to Shanghai. Is Souzhou a must? I have already seen gardens in Beijing and I'm not such a garden fan. I would prefer to see a typical water town with all the little bridges and waterways. If I stay for 3 nights I even could do a daytrip back to Souzhou but concerning my interests a daytrip to Xitang would be maybe better. Or does Souzhou offer better views of a typical water town (brideges, canals) than Tongli and Xitang?.

1 Answer Sep 7, 2009 at 8:37 PM
    • SandiM's Profile Photo

Suzhou Silk Festival

by SandiM Online Now Jul 23, 2009 at 12:01 PM

I understand there is a silk festival in Suzhou each year in September. We will be there on September 13. Will there be any festivities? We will only be there for the day, but I'd like to purchase a length of silk fabric as a souvenir to make something back at home. Does this sound possible? Or is it very expensive for a bolt of cloth, maybe a few yards/feet/metres? Where is the best place to go to bargain for a good deal on a decent length of silk cloth? Thanks!

1 Answer Jul 24, 2009 at 11:19 PM
    • Shopping fake brands

by PeterFons Online Now Jul 14, 2009 at 9:45 PM

Hi,

Anybody can tell me if in Suzhou there are shops similar to the shops at the 'silk market' in Beijing, selling good quality clothing but fake?

Reg,
      Peter

6 Answers Jul 19, 2009 at 9:25 PM
    • juleswc's Profile Photo

Suzhou to Hangzhou..best options....

by juleswc Online Now Jun 22, 2009 at 1:40 AM

Hey Folks,

A few years back I travelled from Suzhou to Hangzhou on the overnight ferry..but i hear this is no longer available.. what other options are there to get to Hangzhou from Suzhou? Train/bus/taxi etc>? there will be four of us..

thanks in advance.

Jules

5 Answers Jun 22, 2009 at 10:13 AM
    • Shanghai to Suzhou?

by htbroudy Online Now Mar 21, 2009 at 12:53 PM

Hello all - in everyone's experience, what is the best & quickest way from Shanghai to Suzhou (return)? Is it best to leave from Pudong or Hongqiao? Thanks in advance.

4 Answers Mar 27, 2009 at 8:33 PM
    • buying marquees in suzhou

by Hildaagy Online Now Dec 28, 2008 at 11:51 AM

I hope to go on a business+holiday trip to Suzhou. Does anyone have an idea of any company in the suzhou area or its environs where marquees/huge party tents are manufactured? Really good quality ones.

• buying wedding dresses in suzhou

by Hildaagy Online Now Dec 12, 2008 at 3:09 AM

Please i will like to know the best time of year to travel to suzhou to buy wedding gowns-i want dresses for the european market.
      Also is there a particular part of suzhou where i can find reeally good quality dresses with good prices that any one can recommend?
      I am also looking to buy other wedding accessories including gold jewelry.
      Thank you.

2 Answers Dec 13, 2008 at 7:11 PM
    • myspices's Profile Photo

Suzhou to Shanghai

by myspices Online Now Oct 7, 2008 at 9:15 AM

Hi
      Will be traveling from Suzhou to Shanghai. Questions :-
      1) Is there a speed train from SZ to Shanghai?
      2) Is there a train schedule and how long is the journey?
      3) How much does it cost?
      4) Do i need to book tickets in advance and where to i book these advance tickets?

Thanks much for help

rgds..feejin

7 Answers Nov 11, 2008 at 3:39 AM
    • tanegirl's Profile Photo

Transport to Hangzhou Airport

by tanegirl Online Now May 4, 2008 at 4:42 AM

The information on here about transport to Hangzhou Airport from Suzhou is 2 years old. does the bus still leave from ren Min Lu? Are the bus times the same? Any idea of cost of a taxi? What is the timetable from the airport to Suzhou?

1 Answer May 7, 2008 at 8:20 PM
    • marvindekker

by marvindekkker Online Now Sep 8, 2007 at 10:36 PM

Is there a shuttle bus from Suzhou to Pudong airport?
      Where do you get in in Suzhou?
      Is it reliable?

2 Answers Sep 10, 2007 at 4:18 PM
    • Shopping for Silk

by patriciashort Online Now Aug 12, 2007 at 5:06 AM

We were considering making Suzhou a stop on our trip at the end of August. I am very interested in shoppoing for Silk and possibly having some dresses made. I have been told the government stroes are the best place(more expensive) to purchase silk and they have tailors there. I am also interested in seeing the museum and riding on the cana;l. What can you reccomend?
      Our first stop is Beijing, from there we were thinking of coming to Suzhou, the Xi'an then Tibet and back to Beijing. We have 21 days. would like to also ride the train froom Lhasa to Xining. Not sure how long of a ride it is though.

Thank you for your time and suggestions in advance
      PAtricia

7 Answers Aug 16, 2007 at 6:09 AM
    • hydronetta's Profile Photo

URGENT: Local guides needed

by hydronetta Online Now Jul 16, 2007 at 6:53 AM

Is there any possibility to have a local english speaking guide for Suzhou for 1 day trip (we're coming from Shanghai)? I have already bought a tour to China but I refused to take the trip to Suzhou through them as they take you only to Tiger Hill, a Silk factory and Hunble Administrator's Garden. Any names and e-mails are great help to come in touch. We can rent a taxi and with his/her help tour around

3 Answers Nov 9, 2008 at 7:48 PM
    • guo_mei_xin's Profile Photo

half day in suzhou, is it enough?

by guo_mei_xin Online Now Jun 19, 2007 at 8:05 AM

i just plan to look around the gardens. my train leaves at 10:35am from shanghai. Is spending the whole afternoon in suzhou enough?

3 Answers Nov 9, 2008 at 7:45 PM
    • guo_mei_xin's Profile Photo

how to take the Grand Canal in Suzhou

by guo_mei_xin Online Now Jun 18, 2007 at 11:35 PM

Is it easy to buy the ticket for this? I'm going there alone and I heard it's hard to ride one if I'm not with the tour, is it true?

2 Answers Jun 19, 2007 at 8:03 AM