Suva Travel Answers

change location

hey

by doering3714 Online Now Aug 22, 2006 at 11:51 PM

I will be in SUVA FIJI for two years I need advise of all sorts where to stay, what to take along, precautions, life, eateries education for kids, electrical appliances will 220 v work if not what to do with them.how much an executive partment cost.driving is it left or right and what we cannot bring there.all do's and don'ts

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • IncogNeat-0's Profile Photo

RE: hey

by IncogNeat-0 Online Now Oct 30, 2006 at 11:28 PM

Drive slowly & with great care in Suva, especially in twilight & at nite. Walk defensively. The few roadways & byways I saw years ago were not made with pedestrians in mind. No shoulders. My last memory of downtown Suva was of an elderly Indian woman in beautiful Indian garb being sideswipped and lying in a heap in the road. Both were to blame, not that it matters.

Can't help with rest. Sorry.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • RE: hey

by JizzJazzy Online Now Nov 12, 2006 at 5:55 PM

Wow, you asked this in August and i wonder if you have arrived in Fiji.
    Suva is very wet, meaning it rains alot. Dont take your expensive clothing as mould will live on them. There is alot of good/decent houses to stay in suva as Suva is the capital of Fiji and that is where most of the expats are.Executive apartments cost approx between2000 upwards. Schools for kids, there is International School for primary and highschool kids, very expensive but keeps your children on the Australian cirriculum and wont be behind when you return to your country. Electrical appliances are the same as Australia/NZ, no problems there. Cars are expensive to buy and petrol is very expensive too. Driving is the same as in Australia/ NZ. If you have jewelery that you dont wear often or other valuables of the like, do not bring them as break-ins occur and these are the things taken first.
    In Suva, you get just about everything but at a higher price than your country. Stock up on your bedsheets, good quality linen is not often available.
    There is your KFC, MacDonalds, Nando's, Pizza Hut, Japanese, Chinese, Indian restaurants.
    Good luck

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines