Surrey Travel Answers

change location
scotlandscotour's Profile Photo

Help Getting Around Surrey and into London - Bus / Train

by scotlandscotour Online Now Aug 12, 2004 at 6:22 AM

Two days - one in Surrey - one in London. We are staying near Dorking (10 miles). Can anyone advise about any special or peculiar transport around the Surrey area, websites to view and maybe cheap bike hire, taxi firms etc, based in Dorking? What is the cheapest way into London, via Epsom from Dorking? How / where do I get a day travel pass for London? I am also interested in the National Trust properties and attractive countryside in this part of Surrey. Any recommendations (with public transport)? Finally - any really beautiful country pubs in the area - good real ale, food and decor etc??? Thanks - any replies welcome. - Malcolm

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • zuriga's Profile Photo

Re: Help Getting Around Surrey and into London - Bus / Train

by zuriga Online Now Aug 12, 2004 at 6:48 AM

Ah, more questions... Take a look at my Surrey pages.. one, too, for Leatherhead which is easy to reach by bus from Dorking. National trust places abound in this area... Polesden Lacy is beautiful as are Hatchlands and Clandon Park. You can reach any of these from Dorking by bus - maybe one transfer at most. You should also try to see the famous Box Hill outside Dorking... it's where the film, 'Emma' was shot. The view from there over the Surrey Hills is spectacular. I just ate at a great place for lunch today. It was right outside Dorking - short cab ride (I don't know about buses down that road). It's called The Plough, and I thought the food was better than most and a bit inventive.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Surrey Travel Answer Locations