change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

Popular Suriname Travel Answer Locations

• What to do in four days

Paramaribo Feb 23, 2014 at 4:58 AM

In four days, tell me what to do or to see?

2 Answers Feb 23, 2014 at 10:07 AM
    • First time visitor

Suriname Oct 18, 2013 at 11:28 AM

Is there any place to meet nice decent men?

2 Answers Oct 18, 2013 at 1:32 PM
    • Mr. Dennis

Suriname Sep 27, 2013 at 6:56 AM

anyone can tell me if there's a land transportation from Paramaribo suriname going to Brazil...

5 Answers Sep 28, 2013 at 9:31 AM
    • Mr. Dennis

Suriname Sep 27, 2013 at 6:56 AM

anyone can tell me if there's a land transportation from Paramaribo suriname going to Brazil...

• Sundays in Suriname

Paramaribo Aug 29, 2013 at 2:30 PM

Is suriname active on sundays? do stores open and are activities available?

1 Answer Sep 3, 2013 at 6:44 AM
    • Need address

Distrikt Paramaribo Feb 3, 2013 at 7:54 AM

Where is Eightball "Sport Cafe & Grill Restaurant"? I'm looking for a location

Thanks
      Roy

1 Answer Feb 3, 2013 at 9:59 AM
    • christmas food

Suriname Dec 14, 2009 at 4:56 PM

What traditional food is served during the christmas holiday? And recipe if possible

• anonxxx's Profile Photo

how to get from paramaribo to curacao?

Suriname Nov 7, 2009 at 7:40 AM

does anybody know how to fly from paramaribo to curacao? which aircompany and what is the ticket price?

2 Answers Nov 7, 2009 at 7:55 AM
    • questions

Paramaribo May 25, 2009 at 7:45 AM

where to find in Paramaribo of articles or objects of decoration for home and garden, objects of exotic decoration, a garage of assemblage of tyres or other one?

• daryoush's Profile Photo

Suriname to Guyana to ABC Islands

Suriname Mar 10, 2008 at 8:49 PM

My plans are to arrive in Suriname, from there go to Guyana, then fly to Curacao. From Curacao I would go to Aruba and Bonaire by boat. These are simply a rough idea of what I want to do, I do need any imput on how to make this work.

I am interested in knowing the best way to get to Guyana from Suriname. Are there any buses or trains that make that route, and if so how long and about how much would it cost. Id rather do a bus or train but if I have to fly I guess I have no choice.

Also, I know LIAT airlines flys from Guyana to Curacao via Trinidad. Is this the best way to get to the ABC islands?

And last, how easy is it to take a fiary or boat to each island, from Aruba to Bonaire and to Curacao? How about the cost?

Thanks!

2 Answers Mar 11, 2008 at 2:27 PM
    • visa requirement for dual citizenship

Suriname Jan 15, 2008 at 11:24 AM

I'm a citizen of both Guyana & Canada with valid passports for both country.
      Guyanese do not require a visa to enter Suriname while Canadians do.

If I'm travelling to Suriname from Canada and vice versa, do I require a visa?

1 Answer Jan 15, 2008 at 1:43 PM
    • niyagi's Profile Photo

What to do in Suriname

Suriname Nov 8, 2007 at 1:32 AM

Hi travellers,
      im heading to suriname in a march and april,
      Anybody got some advice or places we should defenitely not miss?
      Thanks
      Niyagi

3 Answers Nov 14, 2007 at 8:08 AM
    • recommend a guide

Suriname May 15, 2007 at 8:42 AM

My friend and I would like to tour Surinam this summer. Can you recommend a tour guide to make plans and reservations for us?

2 Answers Jun 21, 2007 at 2:49 AM
    • Transportation to Guyana

Suriname Jan 8, 2007 at 3:40 PM

Any tips on what is the best way to travel from Suriname to Guyana (or preferably vice versa)? A flight might be best (if that exists) but any ideas for bus, train, boat, car would be appreciated. Anyone know if it's possible to charter a small plane for the trip?

I'm asking on behalf of my parents who are very active and well-traveled seniors. Their preferred routing would be from Georgetown, Guyana to Paramaribo, Suriname. Thank you.

3 Answers Jun 18, 2007 at 3:46 PM
    • work visa for suriname from india

Paramaribo Dec 23, 2006 at 3:30 AM

Hi all,

I am an Indian.how can i apply for a visa/work visa for suriname?
      Please help me find out this if anyone knows about it.

Thanks in advance!! Merry Christmas and Happy New year to all!!

1 Answer Jun 17, 2007 at 7:46 AM
    • can I easily communicate with the people in suriname?

Suriname Nov 17, 2006 at 7:46 PM

Dear friends:

I am going to suriname to work, because I can only speak and write the simple English and have no ideas of dutch , so I wonder whether I could work there as the company secratory or not ,it would be gratefull for me that any friends who have been there could give me some advice, thanks a lot.

• getting around

Suriname Oct 20, 2006 at 3:29 AM

I am planing a tirp to Suriname in january. is it easy to get around individually in the country for expample to Galibi or Brownsberg an beyond? Or is it necessary to book tours? and is it very time comsuming to get the right transport to the destination you want to go?
      and what about accommodations in the more remote areas? are there guest houses or do you just check out private houses?
      any more tips about must-sees and how to get there?
      I know these are quiet a lot of questions, but I will be very thankful for any answer, whether it is short or long! thanks.

1 Answer Nov 13, 2006 at 2:05 PM
    • Valeggua's Profile Photo

Swimming pools in paramaribo?

Suriname Sep 6, 2006 at 1:39 PM

One of my favourite sports is swimming, so I wonder if there are any good swimmingpools in Paramaribo?
      I know some hotels have pools, but I really want to be able to swim, so the pool has to be bigger then a waterton!

1 Answer Nov 13, 2006 at 2:01 PM
    • cost of living in suriname

Suriname Aug 28, 2006 at 6:35 PM

Hello,

What would be the cost of living in suriname per month for three persons.simple living outside paramaribo.have own house.thanks

1 Answer Nov 13, 2006 at 2:00 PM
    • shyleshno1's Profile Photo

Any Guest Houses in Nickerie ?

Suriname Jul 31, 2006 at 8:59 AM

Can anyone help me find a Guest house in Nickerie, Nickerie is a District in Suriname.
      I did lotta searches online i only found 1 so far, if anyone know anyone that HAS anything.. please let me know.

1 Answer Aug 30, 2006 at 12:54 PM
    • shyleshno1's Profile Photo

How is the Signal for the Cellphones out there ?

Suriname Jul 31, 2006 at 8:22 AM

I have a Verizon Wireless Service at the moment, and i plan on switching to GSM when am ready to travel in Suriname(Using a Rented International GSM Phone from Verizon), i just wanted to know how strong is the signals?

I am on a CDMA Network and which is soppose to the best HERE in the US only, but i am not sure how well GSM is in Suriname (GSM rules the world and also is being used in Suriname)

Also please let me know you're experience with the phone service out there.. greatly appreciated..thanks

1 Answer Aug 3, 2006 at 8:33 AM
    • suriname to brazil

Suriname Jul 20, 2006 at 1:00 PM

I am going to Suriname in August and I was wondering how difficult it might be to get to Rio de Janeiro for a few day during my trip. Anyone know where I can search for tickets? also, what is the cheapest way to get into the interior. Ik spreek een beitje Nederlands zo schrijf mij in Nederlands ook als je wilt.

1 Answer Jul 21, 2006 at 12:11 PM
    • voluntary work

Suriname Jun 18, 2006 at 7:12 AM

Hi
      I want to go to suriname in august 2007 to work for one year in a social project voluntaryly. i will not earn any money for my work. how expensive is living in suriname?`how much do I have to pay for housing and food each month? thanks for answers

2 Answers Jun 21, 2007 at 2:54 AM
    • Camping site

Paramaribo Jun 5, 2006 at 4:17 PM

Hi everybody,
      I´m going to visit Paramaribo in September this year. I stay there with some friends for two weeks. And so I need a cheap place where we can stay. Does anybody know a good camping site in Paramaribo? And how much it costs? Or maybe there a other cheap possibilities to live there. If anybody has an idea please send me an e-mail.
      Thanks a lot.
      Greetings from Germany.
      DENNIS.

• thelittlevoice's Profile Photo

Visa

Suriname Apr 20, 2006 at 5:11 AM

Does anyone know how long it takes to get a visa for Suriname in Amsterdam? Thanks. Any travel agency in Amsterdam who is specialized in cheap tickets to Suriname? I'm looking at http://www.surinamairways.net/ but I don't understand any Dutch. Thanks.

1 Answer May 21, 2006 at 5:07 AM
    • work in suriname?

Paramaribo Jan 26, 2006 at 9:58 PM

It seems to be very difficult to find information on Suriname. Can anyone give me a useful link on work/employment in Suriname? I wonder why I've never heard of anyone visiting there, or even really ever hearing of its existence? Why is it still so sparsely populated?

9 Answers Dec 29, 2007 at 6:40 AM
    • VISA for suriname and guyana

Suriname Dec 13, 2005 at 12:17 PM

As a US citizen do I need a visa to enter Suriname from Guyana (by land) or vis versa?

1 Answer Jul 25, 2008 at 1:59 PM
    • Runetek's Profile Photo

Swimming and/or Schnorkel in Suriname?

Suriname Dec 10, 2005 at 9:51 AM

Hello all,

is possible Swimming and/or Schnorkel in Suriname around the Paramaribo? Or there is nothing to see under the sea to see (or too dangerous or too cold)...?

Thank you!
      Milos

1 Answer Jun 21, 2008 at 3:00 PM
    • susiemargare's Profile Photo

how did wilma affect flights into suriname?

Paramaribo Oct 26, 2005 at 4:15 PM

hi --

are flights in and out of suriname still scheduled as usual, or have they been canceled/delayed/etc.? my sister is flying there from miami on saturday (oct 29).

thanks!

-- susie margaret

• Grueslayer's Profile Photo

Questions on Suriname

Suriname Jul 31, 2005 at 5:00 AM

Flights booked for october.

1.) Can anyone recommend a guidebook for Suriname? I browsed Amazon Germany and Amazon US, and came up with nothing. I found a book on whole South America with 13 pages on Suriname - that's way less than I'm seeking for. Any help appreciated. Chapters on Guyana and/or French Guyana wouldn't harm.

2.) What means of transport would you recommend for Paramaribo? We thought about renting a car for two weeks - is that safe and reasonably cheap, and is it necessary compared to the size of Paramaribo? What's public transport like? How expensive are taxis?

3.) What about night life in Paramaribo? Are there any nice pubs or places to go? We would prefer places where the locals go - we have enough tourists at home.

Cheers,

G.

2 Answers Jul 25, 2008 at 1:53 PM