Suriname Travel Answers

change location
daryoush's Profile Photo

Suriname to Guyana to ABC Islands

by daryoush Online Now Mar 10, 2008 at 8:49 PM

My plans are to arrive in Suriname, from there go to Guyana, then fly to Curacao. From Curacao I would go to Aruba and Bonaire by boat. These are simply a rough idea of what I want to do, I do need any imput on how to make this work.

I am interested in knowing the best way to get to Guyana from Suriname. Are there any buses or trains that make that route, and if so how long and about how much would it cost. Id rather do a bus or train but if I have to fly I guess I have no choice.

Also, I know LIAT airlines flys from Guyana to Curacao via Trinidad. Is this the best way to get to the ABC islands?

And last, how easy is it to take a fiary or boat to each island, from Aruba to Bonaire and to Curacao? How about the cost?

Thanks!

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Re: Suriname to Guyana to ABC Islands

by hauteboy Online Now Mar 11, 2008 at 11:29 AM

You can go overland from Paramaribo to Georgetown, but it makes for a very long day (might be best to split over 2 days). We did this a year ago going the other direction. There are minibuses that leave from Paramaribo to go to the ferry near Nieuw Nickerie, this would take 4-5 hrs. The ferry ($10) to Guyana runs only once per day (11AM), and takes about 30-45 minutes for the crossing. Once on the Guyana side, there are minibuses that go to Georgetown or New Amsterdam, another 3-4 hrs.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • daryoush's Profile Photo

Re: Suriname to Guyana to ABC Islands

by daryoush Online Now Mar 11, 2008 at 2:27 PM

Very helpful, thank you!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Suriname Travel Answer Locations